Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many hours?

• 03-05-2007 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Just want to know how many hours are j/c students doing a day. Im doing 2/3 hours in after school study.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

well, i go home and do from 5 to 8 with breaks in between (like now) but this include homework and i do it well, i never go past 8(thats my cut off time) so, its how much i can get in then!! i do a might bit at weekends, but just started a bit last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

eh
    was off yesterday,couldnt really walk,leg was battering me, so
    done hour and half study at home
    thats about as much as ive done all year
    this evening
    done maths grind[1 hour] and 1 hour of study at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Starting tomorrow I should everything that needs to be done, done so from then, I'm planning 4:00-5:30 for homework and 6:00-10:00 for study/note writing with breaks.

But so far I only have first year History notes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

timmywex wrote:
    well, i go home and do from 5 to 8 with breaks in between (like now) but this include homework and i do it well, i never go past 8(thats my cut off time) so, its how much i can get in then!! i do a bit at weekends, but just started a bit last week

man the lc ist for 3 years..

what you mean??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

timmywex wrote:
    well, i go home and do from 5 to 8 with breaks in between (like now) but this include homework and i do it well, i never go past 8(thats my cut off time) so, its how much i can get in then!! i do a might bit at weekends, but just started a bit last week

fair play! thats really good!

i should start lol:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I do 2 hours a day(excluding weekends)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

theres no need why bother do that much study, tell whoever(parents, parent,) that im not studying for jc as it is a waste of time.

Start studying for leaving instead

theres no need why bother do that much study, tell whoever(parents, parent,) that im not studying for jc as it is a waste of time.

Start studying for leaving instead

:) well, if yous study languages as a lot of time is spent, you kinda are stdyin for the leaving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Did my first hour of study last night, did physics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Davidius wrote:
    Starting tomorrow I should everything that needs to be done, done so from then, I'm planning 4:00-5:30 for homework and 6:00-10:00 for study/note writing with breaks.

But so far I only have first year History notes.

Same here but I'm still confident :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭X-Ecuti0ner

I'm not too worried. I passed my mocks no problem without studying. I'm doing about 5 hours a week. I treat homework as study. If I essay for homework I put it in my notes hardback and write down keywords and stuff. Saves a lot of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

timmywex wrote:

Em, relax there. If you do end up getting all A's, it won't actually do anything other than get you into all honours classes, which all B's and C's would also do.

Em, relax there. If you do end up getting all A's, it won't actually do anything other than get you into all honours classes, which all B's and C's would also do.

cant understand how that is a lot, its 3 hours, and i might get 1 hour homewokr so thats 2 hours study if im lucky because i have training a good bit and so on, others have posted saying they are doing 4 hours study a night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

They told use that 3/4 hours a weekday should be our bare minimum on top of homework making sure we do at least 4 hours a day on weekends.

They have a habit of forgetting to factor in leisure time and sleeping hours. Following what they say will probably lead to bad grades due to being worn out from always working.

Hence I'm incredibly lazy about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Davidius wrote:
    They told use that 3/4 hours a weekday should be our bare minimum on top of homework making sure we do at least 4 hours a day on weekends.

They have a habit of forgetting to factor in leisure time and sleeping hours. Following what they say will probably lead to bad grades due to being worn out from always working.

Hence I'm incredibly lazy about it.
    It's really quite funny to listen to what the teachers say about the JC, i remember at the start of 3rd year all the teachers said that if you didn't work hard all year you wouldn't do well in it. Then around a month ago they said the same thing, except about the remaining time, adn then today in assembly on our last day, we were told that even if we'd done nothing all year that if we studied hard for the next 2 weeks then we would still be able to get top results:rolleyes:
    Classic teachers, not knowing what there on about:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ha, the start of 5th year should be a laugh then. 'good results..but it means nothing'

quit 2 weeks ago after studying for about hour a day for a few weeks.....
    gonna start again tomorrow-library after school-4 till 5, home from 6 till 7, then , 8 to 9maybe not till 9]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

sorry...you are doing way too much....just dont burn yourself out for the actual exam you know

how did the mocks go as a matter of interest timmywex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Someone mentioned JC history. Oh the joys of JC history. I lol at myself for not getting an A.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Eh when I did it I only put in like an hour a night!!:eek:

And I did not too all that bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Finished today. Anyone else

not till next thursday, but only about 13 outa a possible 31 in our french class today, and less in our other classes......no work was done,impossible to study,going in next week would hinder my junior cert results
    or thats the speech i gave me parents................
    true about the lack of people in today and yes though...will be less tomorrow.......forgot me sphe and all other non ess books in me locker though.....darn........

Advertisement