Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slingbox Media Palyer

Options
  • 03-05-2007 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this out, and if so how they found it and how did it work, if its been used with a hot spot what was the upload like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Had a demo of one last year. A guy in UK was selling his on avforums.com and allowed people to see his working. His slingbox was connected to freeview and sky and then by ethernet to internet. After loading the software and settings on my own pc I could view and change stations on both his freeview and sky. The picture was good on my 15" lcd monitor so I assume it would still be ok on anything like a 17" or 19" monitor too. I was watching on an ethernet network also.

AFAIK it is recommended that the slingbox is connected by ethernet as it needs a decent upload rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

I have one setup for a customer and he uses it from the canaries and it's perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ladyez

That sounds good, have just received mine, ordered it directly from Slig media, which I would NOT recommend. They refused to deliver it to Ireland, so I got it sent up north, paid extra for it to be delivered by dhl and the scabby feckers delivered it by normal post, if it was my money and not works I would so be stalking them right now. No surprises its partly owned by Liberty Global, the fantastic guys that brought us NTL

Advertisement