Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from After Hours

Options
  • 03-05-2007 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭

Not in relation to me , but another user Mossy Monk. A good contributer to threads... He got banned for personal abuse to a troll. I also called the troll a muppet and didn't get banned.

That's unfair. You should lift the ban........

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055087503&page=4
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Where does it say that he was banned?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Or ban you too!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I've already unbanned him. I reversed the decision once I confirmed that the other user was a phoenix account and a troll and Mossy Monk doesn't cause trouble normally so I gave him the benefit of the doubt in the matter. I didn't see your post because after a quick read of salthillwarrior's posts I figured him for a second account and so on.

The reason you can't see the post that says he's banned is because I deleted it after I unbanned him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think the decision was reversed.

edit: snap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

nesf wrote:
    I've already unbanned him. I reversed the decision once I confirmed that the other user was a phoenix account and a troll and Mossy Monk doesn't cause trouble normally so I gave him the benefit of the doubt in the matter. I didn't see your post because after a quick read of salthillwarrior's posts I figured him for a second account and so on.

Fair enough! Fareplay ......
    humanji wrote:
    Or ban you too!

he was a muppet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

he was a muppet :D
    Indeed, but calling him one doesn't help, paying them any sort of attention just encourages them.

Blowfish wrote:
    Indeed, but calling him one doesn't help, paying them any sort of attention just encourages them.

Exactly. It's best to just ignore them and report it and a moderator will deal with them. Otherwise you're just doing exactly what they want you to do.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

One for those who say that raising a valid complaint here never gets actioned by the mods. The fact is that 90% of the complaints here are whinges from little b*tch with skinned knees who got rightfully slapped. In Mossy's case thats not true and the mods reversed it. Good modding and fair dues.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

nesf wrote:
    Exactly. It's best to just ignore them and report it and a moderator will deal with them. Otherwise you're just doing exactly what they want you to do.
    Indeed. Maybe feeding Trolls should be bannable too!

:)

Indeed. Maybe feeding Trolls should be bannable too!

:)

I don't know, if the troll is any good people won't realise they're being trolled until 3 or 4 pages in. Plus some people are so easily trolled that they'd spend more time being banned than having posting access. :p

That and I don't like banning people, if I can solve something without doing it I'll take that route. Bans should be a last resort imho. They create hassle for everyone involved including the mod.

• Advertisement
Advertisement