Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best club in Dublin

Options
  • 03-05-2007 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey guys, I hope this is in the right forum.

Anyways, just doing a bit of market research and trying to find the best club in Dublin for a fanciful event. Last year we tried Lillies which was ok but a bit of a dissapointment. I hear Reynards is good? Any other suggestions, or views on Reynards and Lillies?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

lol... see thread "lazy posters" :D

Plus your title is an oxymoron ;)

Fanciful event??
    Can you be more specific.

What type of music? What kind of size? what kind of crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Best club in Dublin is in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

maybe its the wrong side of the liffey for you but the vaults in my opinon is the nicest venue for a club in town ..........great natural atmosphere etc etc nice decor the only reason its not hugely known is A)it does not get passing trade because of its location and B) the manager really does not seem to know how to optimise what they have got

i dont know what you mean by fancifull event(sounds a bit arrogant to me) but if you can explain in more detail im sure we can help more..............lillies and reynards are a bit cliche do you not think??? maybe thats what you want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

La Cave

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sugar Club (Leeson Street) ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 MrRobert87

lol, I knew it was probably in the wrong forum. Basically its a student black tie ball. 350 people. Meal and jazz band at a fancy hotel before heading onto a club so looking for something more elegant than citibar, but still somewhere we can get our groove onto a bit of Justin and Shakira :-) Is Reynards any good? I've never been..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

PeakOutput wrote:
    maybe its the wrong side of the liffey for you but the vaults in my opinon is the nicest venue for a club in town ..........great natural atmosphere etc etc nice decor

You forgot to mention 95% of the people who go there are nigerian. Id go to Barcode, its great.

Lorax wrote:
    You forgot to mention 95% of the people who go there are nigerian. Id go to Barcode, its great.

1)the only nigerian iv ever seen there was the guy in the toilet(nothing against toilet attendants or nigerians) but they do have ahip hop night on saturdays(think thats the right day) and i never went to it so maybe thats when they go

2)i assume hes looking for it for a private function therefore he does not have to worry about the usual crowd
    Lorax wrote:
    Id go to Barcode, its great.

i must of missed that little pearl of wisdom at the end the first time

i assume your joking?

• Advertisement

Hes not looking for a private function for the club, hes looking for a private function for the meal/band beforehand, then a club after. The only time I ever went to the vaults was a "hip hop night", thought it was just that type of club. There were about 7 white ppl in the whole place.

Barcode is great for getting your groove on to "Justin and Shakira" as the OP said. Its bigger/always has more ppl than any of the clubs in City Centre + very few johnny foreigners.

MrRobert87 wrote:
    350 people.

he will need to book a place for this many people unless its just him and his mates heading out after the dinner part

Sure barcode holds 2000, whats wrong with barcode?

Lorax wrote:
    Barcode is great for getting your groove on to "Justin and Shakira" as the OP said. Its bigger/always has more ppl than any of the clubs in City Centre + very few johnny foreigners.

i know this is going to sound really patronising but what age are you??? i dont know one person who kept going to barcode when they where 18(most stopped when they were 17) and the last time i was there (admittedly a year ago) i felt like the oldest person there and i was only 20 (we left fairly quickly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 MrRobert87

Lorax wrote:
    Hes not looking for a private function for the club, hes looking for a private function for the meal/band beforehand, then a club after. The only time I ever went to the vaults was a "hip hop night", thought it was just that type of club. There were about 7 white ppl in the whole place.

Sorry, I mustnt have been clear. Its the club I'm looking at.

The Vault looks interesting..Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into that one.

lol @ Barcode. black tie and barcode dont go together. Thanks for the suggestion though

MrRobert87 wrote:
    Sorry, I mustnt have been clear. Its the club I'm looking at.

The Vault looks interesting..Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into that one.

vaults holds 600 its not cheap to book though

www.thevaults.ie

edited;url

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭daenis

What age are you? The best club will depend on your age. Barcode would be good if you're 16-18!!!!

daenis wrote:
    What age are you? The best club will depend on your age. Barcode would be good if you're 16-18!!!!
    phheewww some sense thought id missed something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

What about Sin, in temple bar?

&#231 wrote: »
    What about Sin, in temple bar?

nice venue and GREAT opening times if it played better music id be there alot more often

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

PeakOutput wrote:
    maybe its the wrong side of the liffey for you but the vaults in my opinon is the nicest venue for a club in town ..........great natural atmosphere etc etc

plus at weekends you get hundreds of bonus schwars listening to god awful "hard dance" while off their faces

awful place

Helix wrote:
    plus at weekends you get hundreds of bonus schwars listening to god awful "hard dance" while off their faces

awful place

Sounds like Wax, its under the powerscourt centre. Stay clear of this place at all costs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

This party sounds awful pretentious/cheesy, in which case Barcode and Tramco would be right spots (not that theyre good, indeed theyre feckin terrible, but still). I hated Barcode when I was 18 never mind now. It has all the style of a DJ who does weddings (except theyre usually a bit of craic, BC is just ****e from my memory)

iirc they have a sign warning clubbers not to engage in "over active dancing" or some such :confused: Rave to the grave it is not (mind you, the one in Spirit saying "Spirit is a natural high. Anyone found in possession of drugs will be handed to Gardai" Natural high?!!? 20-25 euro in at the weekend and 14 odd euro for a double vodka and coke and theyve the balls to call themselves this? Some of the cheese of that place is unreal tbh )

Where is this Wax/Powerscourt place?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Lorax wrote:

have to agree with this - its great on a friday night, cos the suits from the IFSC are there but after that forget it, its just nigerian men looking for irish wives, quite scary actually.

shane86 wrote:
    Where is this Wax/Powerscourt place?

The Powerscourt centre is off grafton street. Wax is under it, I think the netrance is on Sth William St.

Dance music, strobe lights, people off their face and UNISEX TOILETS. Not a very nice experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

MrRobert87 wrote:
    Hey guys, I hope this is in the right forum.

Anyways, just doing a bit of market research and trying to find the best club in Dublin for a fanciful event. Last year we tried Lillies which was ok but a bit of a dissapointment. I hear Reynards is good? Any other suggestions, or views on Reynards and Lillies?

Thanks
    Do not go to Reynards whatever you do!

Avoid Spirit it's like the 7th circle of hell.

D2 on Harcourt St. is an alrightish, fairly normal club.

Advertisement