Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.5mm to 3.5mm mini jack adaptor for mac speakers

• 03-05-2007 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi there,

Can anyone help me??
    I recently bought some pro-speakers for an apple mac computer from a friend for my ibook G4. Much to my dissapointment the audio jack does not fit. It is a mini jack plug on the speakers(2.5mm) and I have a head phone socket (3.5mm) on my laptop.
    Question is: is there an adaptor for mac speakers to allow the pro-speakers to work on my laptop?

I hope someone can help me.

THanks
    Uccelli.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

If you check out ebay.ie you should be able to pick one up fairly handy. (e.g. here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 uccelli

I had a look earlier on ebay, i wasnt sure if they where compatible with a mac.. is it a standard fitting?

cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

I'm not familiar with the Mac so I couldn't say for sure, but I would have thought all 3.5mm headphone sockets are a standard fit. You may want to look into getting a gold-plated connection to get the best from the pro-speakers.

But worse case you'll be looking at a loss of about €3 for the bog standard adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 uccelli

I'll try one out then...thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

try peats....

• Advertisement
Advertisement