Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculate Percentage

Options
  • 03-05-2007 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi, just trying to figure out what i got in a law essay percentage wise. The essay was worth 20% of the course. I got a B+. Any help appreciated thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

You got 13-14% of your final mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

gerry87 wrote:
    You got 13-14% of your final mark.
    Any chance you could post a link to where you found this information? I remember finding a chart that converted grades to percentage ages ago but I can't find it anywhere now. My entire class would be very grateful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Breezer wrote:
    Any chance you could post a link to where you found this information? I remember finding a chart that converted grades to percentage ages ago but I can't find it anywhere now. My entire class would be very grateful :D
    Its not a link, its Maths. You got a B+ which is roughly 80%, so that means out of the 20% available, you got 80% of that so (20 x 0.80) = 16. So you got 16%... dunno where he got the other values... maybe its just me not knowing what a B+ is! You can calculate it yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

B+ in my course is nowhere near 80%, it's the 67-69% bracket. I think. I was under the assumption it was the same for all courses??

Which means gerry was right, 13-14%.

Gubbie, I think you're thinking of a Leaving Cert B+. I remember this chart had a completely different system. I know a traditional First is over 70% but I'm not sure if this equates to an A, an A or a B, or what - I've heard just about everything. Not sure if it varies from course to course either. That's hy I was hoping someone had found the chart or something similar. Gah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Dilogoat

Breezer wrote:
    Gubbie, I think you're thinking of a Leaving Cert B+. I remember this chart had a completely different system. I know a traditional First is over 70% but I'm not sure if this equates to an A, an A or a B, or what - I've heard just about everything. Not sure if it varies from course to course either. That's hy I was hoping someone had found the chart or something similar. Gah!

B+ in my IT is circa 80%. If that helps at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

As Cos88 already said, it's 67-69% in Arts. It's 80% in other faculties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No, I'm pretty sure it's the same in science too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Note: other, not ALL other. Sorry, just thought it might deserve clarification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Staff grading guide here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

B+ is also 67-69% for Commerce and Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Cos88 wrote:
    B+ in my course is nowhere near 80%, it's the 67-69% bracket. I think. I was under the assumption it was the same for all courses??

Which means gerry was right, 13-14%.
    Sorry, there you go, I forgot an A was 70-100% :o My jist was that you can just calculate it yourself. Good luck with the rest of the stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerry87

Here's the chart

Gerry and Waltons, you're legends, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Blush_01 wrote:
    Note: other, not ALL other. Sorry, just thought it might deserve clarification.
    My mistake, misread that.

Advertisement