Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on memory

Options
  • 03-05-2007 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Question for ya, at the moment this is the memory I have :

Corsair twin2x 6400 pro DDR2 2048mb CL4 Kit w/two 1GB Dimm's E.P.P Technology

Thats makes no sense to me whatsoever but thats the memory I have. If I wanted to get more memory would I have to get the exact same memory as I have already,or how does it work.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

yep you would need to get the same me thinks... There could be away around it but getting the same is always better!

Also you would need a 64bit operating system to get the full use of an extra 2gigs!

Confused?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Corsair twin2x {brand}

6400 pro DDR2 {type DDR-2 800}

2048mb {capacity}

CL4 Kit {low latency timings}

w/two 1GB Dimm's {number of DIMMS in package 2x1GB for 2GB total}

E.P.P Technology {Auto overclocking feature for NVIDIA motherboards}

As DeafVision pointed out ideally you would want to pick up similar or the same RAM from Corsair to pair it with your existing RAM.

Going higher than 2GB of RAM is not recommended under a 32-bit operating system unless you have a specific need and the applications in question are large RAM aware, the most you might get out of it is 3GB of RAM because of the impact of address mapping and the 4GB boundary.

The best thing to do if you want to use more than 2GB of RAM is get a 64-bit operating system.

Advertisement