Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its that time of year again.....

• 03-05-2007 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Not really worth a thread but the ad amused me:

We are casting the 4th annual WWE Diva Search!

The WWE Divas Brand is currently up to new and exciting things - The Divas are frequently appearing in music videos (see the new Timbaland video), TV shows (Smallville, Extreme Makeover, Home Edition, and more...), doing tributes to the troops (just went to Iraq). We are building all kinds of cutting edge, new opportunities to help build the Divas brand.

No wrestling experience or aspirations to wrestle necessary. One lucky woman will be awarded a one year WWE talent contract worth $250,000. In addition, WWE is always looking for a variety of women to fill other positions on our 3 shows, Monday Night 'Raw', Friday Night 'Smackdown' and ECW. WWE is not just looking for one girl. We're looking for several!

A WWE DIVA is a fun, fearless girl who is beautiful, physically fit, athletic, comfortable with her body, has a sparkling personality and a great presence about her. This is the 4th annual Diva Search... Past and present Divas include: Stacey Keibler, Layla El (2006 Diva Search Winner), Torrie Wilson, Christy Hemme, Candice Michelle, Trish Stratus and Ashley Massaro (currently on April 07 Playboy cover)...

Casting Directors: Kristin Prouty, Jane Livshin, Lindsay Colip
    Interview Dates: Beginning week of 5/4 and ending 7/16
    Shoot/Start Date: July 18, 19, 20th are finals
    Pay Rate: winner takes $250,000/1 year contract

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Vince is having problems spending that billion again it seems..........
    No wrestling experience or aspirations to wrestle necessary.
    that is just one of the things that makes people so pissed off about this diva search thing.Basically if you are goodlooking with a nice body and are willing to leave little to the imagination in terms of whats underneath your clothes you are a contender to win this....BULL****!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

They're doing this thing again?! Was it actually that successful? It seems every time that theres a task on RAW or whatever, the live audience gives the participants a hard time. If anything they should bring back the original format of Tough Enough. Now that was good viewing unlike this complete and utter bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

wrote:
    WWE is not just looking for one girl. We're looking for several!

Herein lies the problem. They'll acquire most of the finalists anyway. Some contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Christ McMahon, just let this idea die already! Christy Hemme ended up getting trained by you then getting a better deal in TNA, Ashley ended up being boring and bland as f*ck.

Ugh, seriously.... why?!
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I can't believe people are complaining about the Diva search. It's alumni are phenomanal. where would the WWE be today without Maria

• Advertisement

Probably a lot funnier with Funaki doing her job... Seriously, i don't care if she has a pair of tits or not, she's ****, she can't wrestle, she's not funny, hell she didn't even win the damn search that year (2004), she came 5th!

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Probably a lot funnier with Funaki doing her job... Seriously, i don't care if she has a pair of tits or not, she's ****, she can't wrestle, she's not funny, hell she didn't even win the damn search that year (2004), she came 5th!

VR!

For a guy so learned about wrestling you do hold some bewildering beliefs I must say.

Maria rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I like Maria. She's one of the few that actually has a personality and presence about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

VR!

Was Funaki not on Smackdown?

For a guy so learned about wrestling you do hold some bewildering beliefs I must say.

Maria rules.

I'll take the compliment thanks. :)
    Basically i'm old school when it comes to WWE. If a woman can wrestle and entertain me while doing so, then more power to it, Trish proved it when she went from being t&a to an actual accomplished wrestler by the time 2003 began. Lita i enjoyed her work no end, Victoria the same, and even a returning Beth Phoenix is something i anxiously await.

I've enjoyed womens wrestling long before it was popular in WWE. Sherri Martels work was great to watch, and when the Rumble anthology comes out, unless you've gotten a USA Network airing of it, Watch Royal Rumble 88 for the Jumping Bomb Angels, great match. Japanese womens wrestling was always amazing.

Sorry, i went off on a tangent there. Basically my point was, if i wanna see scantily clad bimbos, i'll find the Adult Channel or Playboy TV. I don't need to see it on Mondays and Fridays on WWE, especially when the airtime could be given to those that actually deserve it.

VR!

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote:
    Was Funaki not on Smackdown?
    Yeah, but at the time the RAW diva search was going on in 2004 so was Cena and Benoit was on RAW.

My point is talent moves...
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'll take the compliment thanks. :)

You'd make a great heel.

WHO IN THE BLOODY HELL ASKED YOU ANYWAY?!

Just kidding man, nah, i'm just a smart mouthed bastard.
    VR!

PS: Please note now that i have freely admitted this, we don't need someone else to point out the fact further down the track... Thank you for calling! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

VR!
    Agreed, she's funny sometimes though, i don't actually find her as one of the hottest divas in WWE right now i'd say either Jillian or Kristal would be IMO, Maryse and Kelly arn't that bad either but Jillian,Kristal,Maryse and Kelly are my top 5 hottest divas at the moment, but Michelle mccool and Ashley are a bag of bones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

That time of year when large chunks of Monday Night RAW are wasted on this ****e :mad: :mad:.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    That time of year when large chunks of Monday Night RAW are wasted on this ****e :mad: :mad:.

Exactly the same reason for my reaction!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hopefully they don't have the Miz hosting it again. He's the only thing that can make the diva search any worse than it already is

I assume they'll be releasing some of their current divas before the end of the year then? There isn't a whole lot more room for more divas as it is, unless you want to start replacing refs, commentators and announcers with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Oh the joys :rolleyes:

The best person WWE got out of the Diva search was Christy, who they released a year later.

Ashley and Layla are wastes of space. As for Maryse, wasn't she the one that everyone was saying actually had an interest in the business and was a fan before trying out for it?

The whole description that that are looking for more than one says it all....shure didn't they get Kelly and Victoria Crawford out of modelling cateloges ffs!!

As for Maria, nothing against her. I think they need a female interviewer and she seems to be best for it. Atleast she adds something and doesn't seem to be a clone of anyone else....like Ashley for instance :mad:

Advertisement