Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle couriers

Options
  • 03-05-2007 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Any Bicycle couriers here?

Would be interested in doing this job myself. If someone knows where i could send a CV etc, would be great help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Did it for bout 6 months a while back. The company i was workin for (won't name em) were a bit dodge n money was crap cos they had too many people n not enough work. So most weeks i was comin out with 250 for a 45 hr week of fairly hard work. All that said its almost certainly my favourite job i've ever had.

Try Cyclone, they're based on stephen st (presume you're lookin to work in dublin, otherwise ignore the rest of this), take it fairly seriously, need a good bike or they'll barely talk to you. and they give you sweet gear, although they take costs out of wages far as i know.
    There's also a place top o harcourt st. can't remember a name, all punters workin for them seemed happy.
    My mate worked for Hurricane for a while, seemed cool as well.
    If all else fails take out the yellow pages n just ring or preferably drop in to every pushbike courier company in the city.

Reckon i'll be back doin it myself over the summer :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Money Shot

I was a courier for a year and a few summers. I don't think you'll be needing a CV - just arrive up on a bike that works.

In my experience, the winter is where the money is made in cycle couriering - no one wants to do it in the bad weather for some reason. The summer will consist of many hours sitting on the green waiting for jobs. It might be worth just ringing from the book - I don't think there is a lot between any of the companies - I worked for two.

If it was winter time, every company would snap you up straight away. Let us know how you got on.

P.S it is very tough work in the winter, but not near as tough in the summer. Expect to drop a few jeans sizes and fall asleep after a few pints on a friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Covenline

Thnaks for the heads up lads. I phoned a few people from the book and no ones hiring :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

no offence but you and half the worlds it seems. only in winter is there people taken on for serious work. some of my experienced friends are having difficulties getting work in thier old companies. afriend to vouch for you and let you know when there is a space comming up is about the only way this time of the year. back to work-but its so slow already...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wonder if you could get a permanent fixed job for a big company, like how hospitals or hotels have their own plumbers and electricians. Who end up just sitting around all day mostly! but it is still cheaper than calling one in for the 4-5 jobs they do each day.

I wouldnt mind doing it at weekends, just paid exercise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 eze

Just wondering if anybody has had any luck getting one of these jobs?? also if ne couriers on this no about any fixed wheel bikes being sold then just email me please

Thanks...

eZe

Advertisement