Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a bus to inchydoney beach?

Options
  • 03-05-2007 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

looking to go to the beach, anyone know about buses? timetables etc,
    didn't see much on buseireann.ie, so though i better ask here.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

There's no bus as far as I know to Inchydoney A fella I knew used go down there surfing and he used get a bus to Clonakility and hire a bicycle below there to get out to the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Well you can get a CIE bus to Clonakilty and then walk to Inchydoney, it's not too far. Alternatively you could try the CART (Clonakilty Area Rapid Transit). It doesn't actually stop at Inchydoney but it's so slow you could probably jump off it on the way. Just don't forget to duck and roll... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

cool thank for the replies, thats part of my weekend planned anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

cool thank for the replies, thats part of my weekend planned anyway!

knowing the inefficiency of this nation's public transport that's pretty much your entire weekend planned :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Walk from Clon, traffic will be a mess down there this weekend if its sunny. You can skip over the duns after the causeway and your practically there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Oh yeah, forgot to mention - if it's packed (which it probably will be), your best bet is to head to the smaller beach on the far side of the hotel. It's much nicer than the big one anyway :)

Advertisement