Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technomate 1500 CI Super

• 03-05-2007 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,

Can someone tell me anywhere that stocks these?

Have seen them on eBay, but they're over €150 delivered which seems a bit much.

I'm in Cork, if that helps.

Cheers,
    GKR

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I can't find any sites selling them cheaper than €150.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Try KD electronics in Cork. They stock the 1000d model but if you think 150 is too expensive, you are wasting your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

GKRandom wrote:
    Hi,

Have seen them on eBay, but they're over €150 delivered which seems a bit much.

Not for a receiver with CI and good reputation, it isn't. CI always adds to price compared to a FTA box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

great value at 150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 GKRandom

Cheers

Managed to get one on eBay for €138 delivered :D

Found this set up for €154 delivered on eBay too:
    1 x 95 cm Triax TD88 Anthracite Satellite Dish ( 85 x 95 cm )
    1 x Moteck 2100A Motor With DiseqC 1.2 And GO TO X ( USALS)
    1 x Traix High Gain Universal Single LNB 0.3 db
    1 x 20 metre high quality coaxial cable RG6-90 with 4 F-Plugs

Is this all I need? Or is there something obvious I'm missing out on, I'm not exactly an expert with this sort of stuff......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

you will need a good wall mount and sat finder. i added up the same items but with wall mount suitable for motor and cheapo satfinder and 100m of top quality sat cable on good german site ,but comes to 190 euro incl. delivery http://www.digital-sat-online.de/index.php . so your deal seems pretty good. you will also need M10 rawbolts for mount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

RG6 is not high quality. You'll have fun aligning the motor without a professional meter. Read up on motor installing and 100% to make sure to use USALS on the Technomate, with your correct local coordinates, the default is EAST, make sure you have it as WEST. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 GKRandom

watty wrote:
    RG6 is not high quality. You'll have fun aligning the motor without a professional meter. Read up on motor installing and 100% to make sure to use USALS on the Technomate, with your correct local coordinates, the default is EAST, make sure you have it as WEST. :)

If I buy without the coax, and I was to get a professional in to do it, how much would you estimate it would cost? If he was to provide the coax also......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭mayto

i installed loads of motors with cheap 10 euro satfinder . if you are able to drill holes for M10 rawbolt,16mm bit needed , and not afraid of heights, dish install is easy. especially with a usals motor. even with a professional meter you still have align dish motor for peak signal .this can be done also on a cheap satellite meter by turning down signal so you can find peak signal from the satellite.

Advertisement