Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for restaurant near heuston station

Options
  • 03-05-2007 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have to pick up someone at the airport next tuesday at 12am. Taking the bus into city i assume we'll arrive around 1:30pm there. We have to take the train to Limerick at 3:30pm from Heuston Station. Is there a reasonable restaurant in walking distance (luggage!) to Heuston Station for lunch?

No chippers please... ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

nancy hands in parkgate streetm would be best place for lunch in area i can think of off hand

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There is a bar/restaurant in the station itself - the Galway Hooker (yes, I know...).
    Serves big farmer-sized carvery lunches.

http://www.dublinpubs.ie/Pub.asp?id=801

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Thanks so far. I'm not a big fan of carvery. It's mostly to long under the heat lamps - the meat is dried out and the veggies are mashed...

Any experience with the Galway Hooker? I'm willing to try it as it is the most handy location :D;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've eaten there and it was fine.
    They have other stuff too - sandwiches, salads etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Why does it have to be within walking distance?
    The Luas would have you in Heuston in 10 minutes from anywhere around O'Connell St./ Abbey St/etc.

The Winding Stair (Ormond Quay) is highly recommended. Rhodes D7 is also a possibility. Both are very close to Red Line Luas stops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Ryans in Parkgate St (near Nancy Hands) supposedly does great barfood, my friend is a foodie and she's been there a few times and raves about it. You should check it out, very handy for Heuston. I would only eat in the Galway Hooker if you are seriously strapped for time or absolutely starving!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

wyndham wrote:
    Why does it have to be within walking distance?

Because of the luggage handling. In the Luas with the suitcases, out of the Luas with the suitcases, in the restaurant with the suitcases out of the restaurant with the suitcases, in the Luas with the suitcases, out of the Luas with the suitcases, in Heuston Station with the suitcases.

No fun. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

missmatty wrote:
    Ryans in Parkgate St (near Nancy Hands) supposedly does great barfood

And Nancy Hands itself does good barfood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Nancy Hands has barfood, but also has a restaurant upstairs and the food is lovely in the restaurant. Galway Hooker is a big no, no IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gum

Hi,

If you are travelling from Hueston, you might like to try Enoteca Torino in Inchicore..Its a nice and reasonably priced Italian..

Check out menupages.ie..they have every restaurant listed in the city including the menus and prices...Enjoy

• Advertisement
Advertisement