Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania 23 buyrate announced

• 03-05-2007 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From the observer site:

WWE announced today that the first estimate on buys from Wrestlemania was 1.2 million, making it the largest pro wrestling PPV event in history.

It would be the biggest event so far this year on PPV, although Saturday's Oscar de la Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight is expected to easily beat the total.

The total domestic buys would have been approximately 768,000, so it was nowhere even close to the company record in the core North American market. Even last year, it would have ranked only No. 4 among PPV events as a whole behind one Oscar de la Hoya boxing match and two UFC events headlined by Tito Ortiz.

Last year's show did about 980,000 total buys and 636,000 in the North Ameican market.

Hair draws.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'm not surprised. I expected it to hit the million mark. I guess all that marketing and trump worked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Oh god, this steaming pile of crap PPV is gonna be heralded as the greatest selling Mania of all time?

Now i'm sad :(
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Oh god, this steaming pile of crap PPV is gonna be heralded as the greatest selling Mania of all time?

VR!

Mania wasn't that bad. WWE could have made it better, but it wasn't to bad on a whole. At least I didn't come away from it thinking "...wow, that sucked"*

*=My reaction to the last 2 or 3 TNA PPVs.

Minto wrote:
    Mania wasn't that bad. WWE could have made it better, but it wasn't to bad on a whole. At least I didn't come away from it thinking "...wow, that sucked"*

*=My reaction to the last 2 or 3 TNA PPVs.

I actually haven't enjoyed Mania since X7 truth be known. I think they did it all with the perfect PPV and expectations have been quite lofty since then, thats just my own personal opinion. But i really felt that this years was somewhat lacklustre, especially when the main draw for the entire event was Lashley v Umaga because Trump was at ringside. Thats disturbing and a testament to the steady decline that pro wrestling is suffering right now.

And i agree, TNA isn't a basis for comparison. I'm comparing more to what WWE could once churn out, and the crap that it's churning out now.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Its a testament to good promotion and programming for about 8-10 weeks leading up to the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

VR!

thats only cos you werent there :D

I'm glad i wasn't! If i'd paid a few hundred to be a witness to that muck, i'd be crying in my beer! Had it been 3, 8, 10, 14 or 17, yeah i'd be envious that i wasn't there, but certainly not after the last few Manias! :)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm glad i wasn't! If i'd paid a few hundred to be a witness to that muck, i'd be crying in my beer! Had it been 3, 8, 10, 14 or 17, yeah i'd be envious that i wasn't there, but certainly not after the last few Manias! :)

VR!

the MITB,benoit/mvp and both world title matches were all great,it was no worse than other wrestlemania,and the trump/vince match was really entertaining,plus the experience was worth every penny,its the one thing every wrestling fan should try and attend once in their lives

I found both world title matches bland as hell to be honest, although MITB was amazing match, i will agree with you there, but one or two matches does not save a PPV overall in my opinion.

I'd have probably bothered to try to attend Mania between 2000 and 2003 if i had the cash up at the time. But how i'm feeling about current WWE programming atm, i have little or no interest.

Glad you had a good time, i've yet to attend any event where i was truly let down, and i'd hate it to happen to me if it did. :)

VR!

Advertisement