Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

no sound

• 03-05-2007 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

:confused: I am having some trouble with my laptop's sound. basically its not working!
    I have looked for drivers but that has been unsuccessful - is there anything else i can do?
    :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What is the make/model of your laptop? Is the volume icon (little speaker) on the system tray? Is it turned up? Are the speakers plugged in correctly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 quistee

its a dell latitude 120L. the volume icon is gone. when i went into my device manager beside all the sound related things are little yellow exclamation marks...ive tried updating the drivers from here but no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

In the device manager uninstall all the sound card entries that have the yellow marks on them and reboot the laptop.

If the proper drivers are installed Windows may detect them and install the drivers upon reboot.

It is also possible the UAA patch for XP has not been installed this is required for HD audio sound chips the like of which you have in your laptop. Drivers from Dell's site are at this link as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

To get the volume icon back in onto the system tray, goto
    start->control panel->sounds and audio devices
    Then click the box that says "place volume icon in task bar"
    From here you'll be able to see if you accidentally muted your speakers.
    You can also check the audio tab at the top to see what audio device is currently
    in use for playback.
    When you get the icon back, double click on it and check the sound levels. Most applications will need the Wave volume turned up, not just the main volume. People often forget this.

Advertisement