Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go in August?

• 03-05-2007 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey,

just thought I'd test out this new forum! I'm just finishing 1st year in college and as it stands I'm staying in Ireland for the summer. I went on a 'Leaving Cert' holiday with friends last year and don't really fancy another one. Seen as I'll be working pretty much full-time from end of May on, I reckon come August I'll have enough money saved up to be able to feck off somewhere for the month.

Where should I go though? For say, the first 3 weeks in August.

I'm thinking either:

(a) Thailand/Singapore/Malasia, most likely on my own. Know 2 people from college that will be over there so could tag along with them if I wanted to.

(b) Inter-railing/Ryanairing! around Europe a bit. Could convince a friend or 2 to go with me.

(c) Nowhere, because I'm going to be spending a semester in Canada next year! {hopefully}

(d)________??? You tell me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Depends on what sort of holiday you want, you've picked the most expensive time to go. To keep things cheep eastern Europe is your best option. Anywhere from Estonia right down to Albania will be cheap and have great weather especial as you head south.

I spent two weeks going mad in the czech republic, spending money left right and center, going out every night and eating out and still only managed to spend €600. You wouldn't even need to bother with an interrail pass.

Advertisement