Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bebo going a bit too far

• 03-05-2007 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭

Recently on Bebo everytime anyone you have listed as a friend adds a friend you get informed. Also when you do a blog, add a new photo, breathe etc...

I can see the advantages but also the disadvantages - such as friends ex adds you & you know friend's noticed.

thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

who would get upset over anything bebo does?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Recently on Bebo everytime anyone you have listed as a friend adds a friend you get informed. Also when you do a blog, add a new photo, breathe etc...

I can see the advantages but also the disadvantages - such as friends ex adds you & you know friend's noticed.

thoughts?

none spring to mind.....tbh I cant see it as a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

thoughts?
    So long as bebo inherit such crimes against humanity on their website, I will not be bringing children in to this world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,371 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

down with this sort of thing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'm way too stoned to think of anything sarcastic to say atm.

all the same I would like to take a second to express my sincire dissapproval of this thread.

you sir, are a pigeon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Ah yeah, this thread is luring all the stoners in tonight!!! (Like me :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It's a little bit too informative IMO. I see the OP's point and thought about it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

thoughts?

You can choose what to see or not to see, and you can also choose to see nothing at all. Infact, having a Bebo isn't mandatory (shock! horror :O )

When you sign up for a bebo profile, it's purpose is to be available to the public or your friends. This feature enhances that and does so very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fine whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

thoughts?

A Bebo user! Get Him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

bebo=pooh

but yes i agree, the friends thing is going a bit a far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

witty remark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

dlofnep wrote:
    It's a little bit too informative IMO. I see the OP's point and thought about it myself.
    Here here, I've thought the same myself. It's becoming a bit too stalkerish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mordeth wrote:
    you sir, are a pigeon.

Wonderful. Hat has been taken off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

What's a bebo? Are they hard to keep? Do they eat much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Afterhours really is a waste of space, almost more so than bebo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

*pinches hagar's cheek*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

tinkerbell wrote:
    Here here, I've thought the same myself. It's becoming a bit too stalkerish!
    Bebo's 60% stalking anyway.

Also..

Careful Now. [/father ted reference]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Mordeth wrote:

you sir, are a pigeon.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

we need a bebo forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

we need a bebo forum...
    An internet community, to discuss an internet community. Yeah, we really need that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

/drunkenly wanders in

Oh, this is a stoned thread?

/wishes was stoned instead

/drunkenly wanders out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Thread%20Hijacked.JPG

That is all...

For the record, I signed up, but just can't be arsed keeping it going, haven't been on in months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

today a poster was put up in the classroom in my school.
    it said "cyber-bullying is wrong" then the words "bebo" and "e-mail" in squares. the was it was layed out it looked like
    Cyber-bullying
    bebo is wrong.

all cos two peoples bebos were deleted (one of them cried. it was funny) and they blamed someone else without any proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 insular

eolhc wrote:
    down with this sort of thing

Careful now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

tinkerbell wrote:
    Here here

Where, where?
    we need a bebo forum...

No, we don't.

If you decide (because there's an R in the month or whatever) to delete a friend, then that solves the problem, no?

I feel hungover. But I wasn't out drinking. Sucks!

Oh, uhm, yeah, bebo ... er, boo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Maybe you're just dried out from the heat? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

today a poster was put up in the classroom in my school.
    it said "cyber-bullying is wrong" then the words "bebo" and "e-mail" in squares. the was it was layed out it looked like
    Cyber-bullying
    bebo is wrong.

all cos two peoples bebos were deleted (one of them cried. it was funny) and they blamed someone else without any proof.
    Anybody that speaks "Bebo" care to translate this?

On second thoughts...don't bother.

Advertisement