Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Barbeque

Options
  • 03-05-2007 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Any good places to buy barbeque in Dublin? I saw a Weber one - has anybody any experience with Weber ... looks good but they all do to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭TOm Kelly

Will have one last go here ...

The reason I would like some info before buying is that this thing costs over a grand - I haven't a clue if that is good or bad - or does anybody know any other forum where this topic might be more appropriate. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

i don't know much about barbecues, but is any barbecue worth over a grand?
    B&Q,Woodies,etc have plenty of good ones for much less, the outback models seem to be very popular ( I've noticed them in lots of houses I've worked in).
    Sorry I cant be of more help, but seeing as you introduced me to Trainbairn I figure I owe you one:)

Thanks Eoghan - I only went to a garden centre - I am not a great shopper ... Yep - Trainbairn barbequed the bookies in Cheltenham ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 city girl

That seems like savage money for a bbq. I've seen loads about in homebase, B+Q, atlantic homecare etc with charcoal from 20 - 150 euros and gas from 70 - 400 euros. Shop around a bit more and the sales are starting now as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

To be honest, you'd want to be a professional cook or have bred an army to make use out of a €1K bbq. It's either enormous or the shop has very big windows!:)

You'll get a very very good and large gas bbq for €400 in any of the major diy shops.

Mine cost me €199 last september and it's way too big for my needs. It's 1m x 0.5m cooking area!!!! Remember what looks like a normal size bbq in a huge shop is actually enormous when you get it home!!! Trust me on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

bought a fire-fly same as outback for 299 some garden center just outside Ashbourne. Its a 3 burner with a hotplate, they also threw in the cover.

NOTE: check to see if they have a regulator in the box as those little suckers cost 20 yo yo's

I found the hotplate good for doing burgers as you dont get the big flames from the fat dripping on yer lava rocks. Also found the temp gage useful so that I can cook the chicken properly.

already used about 6 time this year

Garyh3

No it is not HUGE - I think this may be the one I saw - looks like it anyway http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/2007/gas/GenesisS310.aspx

To be fair - I would say it is probably top quality - well made - sturdy etc. but then it is approx 250% dearer than the ones described above.

garyh3 - what is a regulator?

A regulator is what is connected to the gas tank from your bbq and regulates the gas into the bbq.

To be fair, for the amount of use you are going to get out of a bbq in Ireland over the summer you'd want to be mad to be spending €1K on one.

You'll get something that will be more than you need for <€400 no problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

agree with Ballyman

weber are the rolls-royce of bbq's go with outback or fire fly or a woodies special for 1/3 cost and you will have the same results.... The summer here is very quick and you will be soon looking for a place to store the bbq for next year.

Also on the regulator - butane and propane are sold in the shops both have different sizes regulators just make sure that you get the gas for the regulator.

garyh3

Propane is what you will or should want for a bbq and as gary says, make sure the regulator is for propane.

Those smaller gas bottles for deck heaters and the like are propane.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads ... I have 3 cylinders of Kosangas lying around for years ... are you saying that these are no good ...

... and - errr ... does Kosangas last for years ... or is there a danger of a major incident in the Terenure area.

Signed:
    Worried
    Terenure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Was talking to a guy at a party last weekend and he had just bought a Weber BBQ at the Orchard Garden Centre in Celbridge Saturday morning. They were running demos and there was €150 off the brabie. Don't know which model or if they will run the promo again but it might be worth giving them a call.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote:
    Was talking to a guy at a party last weekend and he had just bought a Weber BBQ at the Orchard Garden Centre in Celbridge Saturday morning. They were running demos and there was €150 off the brabie. Don't know which model or if they will run the promo again but it might be worth giving them a call.

Thanks - will do Do-more

Advertisement