Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Ultimate and Tv Cards

• 03-05-2007 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

i cant get my tv card to run with vitsa ultimate! help?

TV Tuner Hybrid Driver Software Philips 713x-Chipset isthe card

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Is this for Windows media centre or outside of media centre for use with other software ?

Media centre built into Windows requires special cards that specifically support the interface any old card wont do I'm afraid. If your card does not support it then there is nothing you can do.

If this is outside of the media centre domain then as long as a Vista driver is available for the hardware it should work with compatible software.

From the information you've given it is not easy to identify the card as that is a generic chip used on many cards.

Did you buy this card or was it part of a pre-built PC ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

8T8 wrote:
    Is this for Windows media centre or outside of media centre for use with other software ?

Media centre built into Windows requires special cards that specifically support the interface any old card wont do I'm afraid. If your card does not support it then there is nothing you can do.

If this is outside of the media centre domain then as long as a Vista driver is available for the hardware it should work with compatible software.

From the information you've given it is not easy to identify the card as that is a generic chip used on many cards.

Did you buy this card or was it part of a pre-built PC ?

very sorry, it was pre built in and i cant find the driver except for xp .

the make of card is Medion CTX 921 DVB-T and trying to make it work with power cinema 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

sorry to hijack your thread but does anyone know that if i get a digital tuner card will Ultimate MC be able to tune in NTL Digital channels?

El_mariachi; Medion drivers can be tricky to locate as the tend to get custom parts made that don't often work with generic drivers, from a Google search I found these drivers for the card v1.3.3.1 now they are for XP but you could try installing them through the device manager as some hardware with XP drivers will work under Vista.

You could try going to Medion Germany and check their support section to see if they have released newer driver builds.

Failing that and you want hardware that is supported by the manufacturer this card will work with Windows Vista media centre and Cyberlink Power Cinema.

matt-dublin: Vista media centre only supports DVB-T it does not support DVB-C if your TV from NTL comes through a set top box you must hook it up via analogue connections. The card I linked to above will do that job.

If on the the other hand you want to get the DVB-T signal from the DDT trials then this card will do the job, note only DVB-T is supported by media centre on this card the other inputs are not. Windows Vista drivers can be found at this location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

8T8 wrote:
    El_mariachi; Medion drivers can be tricky to locate as the tend to get custom parts made that don't often work with generic drivers, from a Google search I found these drivers for the card v1.3.3.1 now they are for XP but you could try installing them through the device manager as some hardware with XP drivers will work under Vista.

You could try going to Medion Germany and check their support section to see if they have released newer driver builds.

Failing that and you want hardware that is supported by the manufacturer this card will work with Windows Vista media centre and Cyberlink Power Cinema.

Thank you! i had the drivers for xp but problem is i cant find the device in the task manager section...any idea what it would be under

EDIT: ok i pulled it out and jacked it into another pci slot, this is what it said installed drivers for creatix saa7131 hybrid capture decive....

Any good free software to use tv card on? thats vista compatabe i think its the power cimena thats the prob now.

• Advertisement

Media Portal or GB-PVR are both good free alternatives the card is not supported by the Vista media centre for recording TV.

Advertisement