Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Research Study

Options
  • 03-05-2007 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, just in 5th year and starting my History Special Topic. I'm thinking of doing it on the Prague Spring of 1968. Anyone else do this or know someone who did it? Help would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Anyone got any ideas at all, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Ireland's Eurovision song (came LAST) was about it.

Look up the internet? Go to libraries??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Dont leave it to Easter in sixth year like me:/

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

look up past threads on the boards about history...there's loadsa them!!

Do a person, much easier....they were born, they did this, they did that, they died....simple....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

lilmizzme wrote:
    look up past threads on the boards about history...there's loadsa them!!

Do a person, much easier....they were born, they did this, they did that, they died....simple....
    Jesus, no. Don't do a life story whatever the hell you do. You've to look at something specific about that person, e.g. the assasination attempts on Hitler. A life story'll get you nowhere and you'll struggle to keep it within the limit or even a reasonable amount over,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

CoolCiaran wrote:
    I'm thinking of doing it on the Prague Spring of 1968.

IMO sounds painfully boring.

Jesus, no. Don't do a life story whatever the hell you do. You've to look at something specific about that person, e.g. the assasination attempts on Hitler. A life story'll get you nowhere and you'll struggle to keep it within the limit or even a reasonable amount over,

Well that depends on what life story you choose. If you pick Hitler or Pears or someone, you're only asking for trouble...I did a total unknown artist called Cesca Chenevix Trench, who lived during the Rising, and how her art was affected by the events in Dublin those years....so interesting, and was well within my limit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

What did you get for it then lilmizz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I did the actions of the American Government during the Cuban Missile Crisis, so I have an interest in the Cold War and events like these.

@OP
    Try to focus in on a particular aspect of the Prague Spring, the whole thing is too broad and general. Like focus on the impact it had on Czech society or the political negotiations which brought it about.

Also, keep the Extended Essay under 1500 words including the review of the research process. Next year they'll be strict on that AKAIK.

What did you get for it then lilmizz?

well im still in 6th year, so i don't know, but for the mocks, 82%...

• Advertisement
Advertisement