Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Argue about HWIST

Options
  • 03-05-2007 10:03pm

This thread is for people arguing about the “Heres What I saw today” Thread.

Talk about what should or shouldn't be allowed in HWIST here rather than cluttering up what I think is one of the best threads on boards!
    Hagar wrote:
    I'm terribly sorry my post offended you. I didn't realise I wasn't allowed post what I saw today. If I'd known it was a what "patsyh saw today" I wouldn't have intruded. I just thought someone might like to see it. As for badly taken, well I'm sorry about that too. My phone only has a 2 megapixel camera so I just have to make the best of it. I see these cars and more, Masserti's, Lambo's, RR Cabriolets even a couple of Zonda's and even once a Veyron, every day. What am I supposed to do? Look for a Nissan Micra with spotlights and aluminium floormats?

Anyway here's another one. I do hope you won't find it's Italian plate too offensive. I'll just link to it so you won't see it by accident. Don't click me.

/Edit I just went out and checked.
    St. Tropez is still in France not Spain. Sorry to disappoint you again. :o
    patsyh wrote:
    @Hagar, WOW a ferrari F430, dont think theres any in ireland, many thanks for that:rolleyes:
    fletch wrote:
    Yes but it has been mentioned before that people only really want to see cars that have been photographed in Ireland. I can't be bothered trawling back through posts.
    patsyh wrote:
    My point being that yer man sticks up this HUGE badly taken pic of F430 that anyone can find if they google it.
    While the title is called "heres what I saw today" it has developed into heres what I saw in Ireland with about 90% of the photos being that and I'd bet if you asked the regular readers/contributors of this tread do they want to see a pic of a foreign(Belgium?) reg'd F430 parked up in Spain the answer would be no.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

For the record I have reported this thread.

Ronoc, you have quoted several posts out of sequence and thereby put a slant on the posts that shouldn't be there.

Here are the relevent posts in the exchange in the correct sequence boring as it is.

Start post to End Post

My understanding is that only the mods should mod.
    Ronoc you are not a mod on this Forum.
    I don't appreciate wannabe mods trying to make me look foolish.

Normally I wouldn't get involved in something like this but having to put up with this type of shyte is enough to put someone off one of the best forums on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

2 things here folks.

1) ronoc, im not sure what the point of this thread is, considering that we have disagreements by the plenty on every forum every single hour of every day on this site. just becuase some people decide to suddenly get a hump over something is not reason to go out and start a seperate thread. and im not even sure what the point of the thread is since you havent seemed to put up an even case for either side.

2) hagar, i have a problem with you reporting threads like this just becuase you disagree with them. there is no big brother here to come along and defend your rights and name becuase you feel you are being unjustly accused of something. in future, fight your own battles. the report feature is not for personal issues.
    im also unhappy with your line in the reported post 'Very poor IMHO to be allowed do that.', as if there was some sort of special permission from a mod to go ahead with this post. there was no 'allow' here. get down of your conspiritorial high horse.

and by the by, i have no idea why suddenly posting pictures (hardly badly taken either, considering some dodgey camera grainy picture of the arse end of a BMW) of cars in other countries has become a problem. perhaps you people should post pictures of cars in the thread. thats whats tis about. it seems to me that theres about 5 pictures per page, the rest is just crappy converstaional posts.
    and the usual 'alpha's are crap' rubbish.
    grow up the lot of you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement