Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sign-Ups for the Voting Register a while back in UCD - didn't happen?

Options
  • 03-05-2007 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

I remember there was a campaign a couple of months ago whereby you could fill in a form at a number of stalls around campus which would put you on the voting register. I did this, but just checked the register at www.checktheregister.ie and to my horror, I'm not listed.

Did anybody else sign up this way?
    And, if so, did people receive any confirmation of actually being added to the register?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Didn't do it myself but I'd suggest trying a few changes to your name, address etc. took me about an hour and a half to find myself on the register because my details were incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Ya couldn't find me either... dunno what to think me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

oooh errrr i appear to be on, how did that happen?
    (i didnt do it through ucd btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I'm not on the voting register online, but i went and checked in person and i definately am registered. the best thing to do is check in person rather than online, it doesn't seem to be fully up to date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

I did it at home and found myself easily enough. The girlfriend signed up in UCD and I can't for the life of me find her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Cos88

And I mean that I can't find her in the register of elections sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I'm not on the voting register online, but i went and checked in person and i definately am registered. the best thing to do is check in person rather than online, it doesn't seem to be fully up to date!
    I'd believe that.

The guy I spoke to in the council the other day said they have a huge pile of forms to go through to even input them on the sytsem, let alone upload online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Ah right, well that sounds a bit more promising. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Dontico

Heres some help.
    ELECTION DAY 24 MAY.

You can still get on the supplementary register until this Saturday 5 May. Please click here http://www.yfg.ie/downloads/supreg.pdf

If you, or your friends, can't get home to vote you can still change your vote to your College Address. Change of address forms here http://www.dublincity.ie/Images/Change%20of%20Address%20RFA3%20English_tcm35-22813.pdf

Remember to remind your friends how much easier life would be if the election was on a weekend - what we pushed for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

cast_iron wrote:
    I'd believe that.

The guy I spoke to in the council the other day said they have a huge pile of forms to go through to even input them on the sytsem, let alone upload online.

In all likelyhood the online site just gets its feed from the "system", as in its all the one system. So, if your details are online you are registered otherwise you are not, that doesn't mean they don't have your forms and that your data won't be entered, just means it hasn't happened yet.

The deadlines for registering are to do with the relevant council getting your forms, not the date by which they enter you into the system.

If you are worried about it, ring the council involved and get them to check that they have your form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

The same thing seems to have happened to me.
    I cannot find myself on the online database but it is difficult to use anyway with having to know your County Council townland name etc. My friend who registered at the same time as me is on the online database so I think I'll have to check it in person. Where do I do this? Library? Garda Sataion?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

The same thing seems to have happened to me.
    I cannot find myself on the online database but it is difficult to use anyway with having to know your County Council townland name etc. My friend who registered at the same time as me is on the online database so I think I'll have to check it in person. Where do I do this? Library? Garda Sataion?

Ring the council in question

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

themole wrote:
    In all likelyhood the online site just gets its feed from the "system", as in its all the one system.
    Indeed, I thought that may be the case.

But I'm not so sure after reading this:

But the thing is how was he looking online? Was the name exactly the same etc.

I'm registered in Gortadooey, Claregalway, Co.Galway.

But online it comes up as: Gort an Dúigh, Baile Chláir

The Irish for Gortadooey is Gortadubha, but the ordenance survey maps incorrectly call it Gort an Dúigh.

The Irish for Claregalway is Baile Chláir na Gaillimhe, but only shows up as Baile Chláir on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

I applied during that USI campaign to register myself at my term address in Dublin, and my details only appeared recently on the checktheregister.ie website. I thought at the time that this "double-registration" business was fairly dubious, but it's just aswell I did because I have an exam on the election day. However due to the lateness of finding out that I'm registered, now I'm double-registered. Since I don't want to put myself in an unlawful position I asked to get my name withdrawn from my original home address. However, they need confirmation of name and address by lunchtime on Saturday, so there's not much I can do.

Advertisement