Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only May and water shortages already

Options
  • 03-05-2007 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

well it has started already - water shortages in North County Dublin , water
    off tonight and off to the shop to get the drinking water .. this is madness and how can we say we are better off now than ever before ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Do you live in Balbriggan?

This is a normal daily occurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Probably because it hasn't rained since about Paddys weekend. If we are getting July weather in April then I suppose we are going to get July consequences. Add to that the huge population explosion in the area and we have a problem.

You/we can bitch about the government/council etc until the cows come home but eventually we will all have to realise that global warming is a "clear and present danger" and we all have to take responsibility for dealing with it.

In the meantime I'm going to enjoy the sunshine before we sort it out:cool: :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

More info here from Fingal Co Co.

Time to start drinking your own urine again. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Moonbeam wrote:
    Do you live in Balbriggan?

This is a normal daily occurance.

Really? eek!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yes,

It appears to be one of those well organised,well thought out plans by our local authority,ooh lets build loads of houses and put no infrastructure in place.

Water doesn't run out from the mains every single night jsut a few times a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

I admit I spend very few entire weekends in Balbriggan, but I can only remember a few times in 6 years when I have had any problem with the water supply (Monday to Saturday). Yes its quite limey but as regards being cut off - almost never (unless they do it Saturday night/Sunday morning when I am not here???!!!)

Have lots of friends in Balbriggan and have never heard anyone complain about the Water supply (apart from the aforementioned lime)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

yay, water supply discussions again!
    wow_sierra, water supply for some people is fine, others have problems seemingly.

Advertisement