Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was I banned??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Key ofG wrote:
    I got banned from instruments forum ages ago for trying to sell my guitar wtf?!Whats the deal,I'm still banned an dunno how I violated the rules.
    Thought thats what its for selling music equipment.
    I'd love to :D ,but not naming the moderator that banned me they need not be such a smartass.:mad:
    No, it's for discussing instruments. If your first post was to try and sell your guitar it's simply going to look like spam.

If you still want to sell it, use this section of adverts.ie. it's basically the for sale part of boards.ie and your login will work there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

There was a for sale forum you were meant to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 The Scrapper

hi guys, hows it going, dont know if you can help me but i have a bit of a problem logging on from my laptop computer, it says i have been banned for PM'ing people personal abuse, which i obviously haven't, i have no other problem logging on from any where else though ???

seems a bit strange, the only thing i can think is that the laptop is used by a good few people and maybe one of them was banned ???

anyways if ya can do anything it would be much appreciated

cheers

freddie

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

hi guys, hows it going, dont know if you can help me but i have a bit of a problem logging on from my laptop computer, it says i have been banned for PM'ing people personal abuse, which i obviously haven't, i have no other problem logging on from any where else though ???

seems a bit strange, the only thing i can think is that the laptop is used by a good few people and maybe one of them was banned ???

cheers

freddie
    ball_07.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Here's an idea, why don't you stick your printer products up your ass instead of trying to advertise them here without paying. You'll never have to buy toilet roll again, just print a test page whenever you crap

Surrealism at its best ...loike it, loike it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

cheers

freddie
    Try clearing cookies etc on the laptop?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I <3 Banlist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

bubbles?

EDIT: i was just checking, i remember posting on the ctyi forum agres ago and bubbles came up as asterisks. i saw bubbles mentioned little while ago on this thread, was he some sort of he who shall not be named of trolls or something? enlighten da noob. (*shudder* "da"...)

doonothing wrote:
    bubbles?

EDIT: i was just checking, i remember posting on the ctyi forum agres ago and bubbles came up as asterisks. i saw bubbles mentioned little while ago on this thread, was he some sort of he who shall not be named of trolls or something? enlighten da noob. (*shudder* "da"...)
    Bubbles

there's a boards wiki? crikey. this chap got up to no good alright... where's he these days?

• Advertisement

HAH I was just banned from the trigger happy paranormal board who all got caught up on a subject of conjuring a demon. To break the seriousness this thread was thread was creating i cracked a joke, and of course i was banned.
    Conjuring a deamon !! please dont try this at home kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

HAH I was just banned from the trigger happy paranormal board who all got caught up on a subject of conjuring a demon. To break the seriousness this thread was thread was creating i cracked a joke, and of course i was banned.
    Conjuring a deamon !! please dont try this at home kids.

I'm also banned from the magical happy fairly land that is Paranormal for taking the piss out of people who believe in Banshees. Well worth it though, isn't it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm somehow not banned from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

ned78 wrote:
    Well worth it though, isn't it?
    Yeah.
    (Banned for my hilarious comments RE: online readings)

There needs to be a separate paranormal board for people who think it's all nonsense.

Definitely. I don't know how those people expect us to take them seriously. 'ZOMG I was thinking of a show, and the next thing it was on TV? Am I psychic????', or 'OMFG I walked through a Fairy Fort, and I know about different energies and my legs were tingling, did the Fairies molest me?' ... :rolleyes:

Yeah.
    (Banned for my hilarious comments RE: online readings)

There needs to be a separate paranormal board for people who think it's all nonsense.
    The Irish Skeptics forum covers that.

I actually like Paranormal forums and i am a member of other ones on other sites but the one on boards is full of people that know it all's that complain about people who dont dont have an open mind. When in fact they are the ones with the closed mind as they believe everything that is said is gospil. There is no objective reasoning behind that site and infact its an embarrasment to other paranormal site's.

Can we get it re-named to the Buffy forum ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

ned78 wrote:
    I don't know how those people expect us to take them seriously.
    I don't think they care what other people think... and I suppose if they wanted people taking the píss and posting negative comments, they'd just use AfterHours.
    It's a little hideaway for the reality-impaired.
    Blowfish wrote:
    The Irish Skeptics forum covers that.
    Yeah I've had a read of that forum a few times, I was going to mention it... but they strike me as being too balanced and reasonable.
    What I'd like is the antonym of the paranormal forum where nothing is entertained and you get banned for even suggesting there might be more to the world than meets the eye.
    Needs some balance, that's all.

So, instead of a Paranormal thread, we have a 'Normal' thread? As a linguistically challenged Asian person might say "oooh, me rikey that"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TheFlaps

Mods really like taking trips to paris and writing about their experiences on blogs.

• Advertisement

they sure do the flaps...

they make it all worthwhile with threads like this though!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Some quality work from Ruu on the Banlist :D
    Do the Shake 'n Vac and put the freshness back, When your carpet smells fresh, your room does too, Every time you vacuum, remember what to do, Do the Shake 'n Vac and put the freshness back, Do the Shake 'n Vac and put the freshness back. Pimping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

ROFL, I recognise quite a few of those comments ;)

I'd forgotten about that American RRP conversion price for a PS3 one ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

DeVore wrote:
    For fun and giggles (and with no names of any users associated with them)....
    That's not exactly true
    Duplicate account holder - FX Meister
    Shill.

That was proved to be incorrect so your post is libelist. FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

You are the weakest link....

Goodbye

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

libelist?

Isn't that wrung?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

In fairness, he did say "FACT" after it, which only ever happens with untrue statements, so I think it was a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

bye bye **** face

'nuff said :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

So we can forward to your solicitor making a submission on behalf of Mr. FX Meister some time soon then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

That league of bastards table is all wrong. I have most definitely banned people permanently into the hundreds.

For christ sakes ... the FS tickets forum!!! Every. Bloody. Summer :p

That tally must only be counting my adverts.ie bans

Advertisement