Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 reasons to hate Vince McMahon (if your an ECW original fan)

• 04-05-2007 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

I found this on another wrestling forum. I just thought I'd share it with all of ye. Ye might get a laugh out of it.

10: He starts calling himself "The Franchise" Vince McMahon.

09: He buys the rights to "Enter Sandman" just so he can use the theme for himself.

08: He opens up ECW on Sci-Fi this Tuesday by giving the ECW title to Extreme Expose claiming them to be the only thing "Extreme" on the show.

07: He films himself actually taking a piss on the ECW arena.

06: He takes HBK Playgirl style pictures wearing nothing but the ECW title and a smile.

05: He lines up every single ECW Original and make them join his "kiss My Ass" club as the Main Event for ECW on Sci-Fi.

04: He buys the ECW Arena and then bulldozes' it down, toping it off with placing a WWE Flag in the middle of the rubble.

03: He does a live sex show in the middle of the ring with him and the ECW title

02: He squashs RVD in a one on one match clean, ending the match with a Stunner and a one pinky pin

01: He films himself going to Paul Heyman's parents house and catching Paul asleep in his basement bedroom by surprise just so he can then taunt him with the ECW title.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Here's another one - put the ECW title on Bobby Lashley. Oh wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

he is just creating PR. i was never a fan of the old ecw anyway, saying that im not a fan of the new one either. ecw only ever produced a few good wrestlers, rvd and sabu. i think its funny what vince did!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Actually Vince would be god if he did all those things for the following reasons

10) Shane Douglas wasn't that great to start off and couldn't get himself over on a permanent basis in either WWE or WCW and ended up f*cking his career over by burning his bridges. And people wanna call this guy "The Franchise"?!

9) Vince would really need to have money to burn to pay Metallica what they were asking for that! But it would certainly make a WWE moment for sure.

8) Vince could give the title to the Gobbledygooker and it would be more extreme than having Tommy Dreamer wear it!

7) I'd pay money to see this, he's probably one of the few who hasn't done so anyway

6) To be honest, given hs build, he'd probably look more convincing than when Michaels did with the WWE one! He'd earn a stackload too cos the amount of people who'd buy that for shock value "seeing is believing"!

5) Don't even joke about that, it could still happen!

4) It's probably worth about $100 now anyway, so Vince would probably do it just to pop a rating for RAW, and it would be a massive success :D

3) He practically does that every times he feels up the divas on PPV, so it'd be nothing new there.

2) I wouldn't rule this out, given RVD's behaviour over the last five years, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy after everything Vince tried to do to push this ungrateful prick. :)

1) As funny as that would be, Vince would be mad to let Heyman off the creative side of the team. I've always said Heyman has a brilliant mind for the business, just no business sense. If he went to TNA and worked with Cornette, TNA COULD (especially with their financial backers) actually be competition for WWE.

VR!

2) I wouldn't rule this out, given RVD's behaviour over the last five years, and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy after everything Vince tried to do to push this ungrateful prick. :)

Hold on, Vince tried to push Van Dam? He was at his most popular level in 2001 and had his best matches in the 2002 and 2003 period, yet he didn't get a title run until 2006. Some push!

Because he publically verbally trashed the title he DID have, not only proving that he's a complete ass but that he was unreliable with a midcard title and completely untrustworthy with a major title....

... and it only took four years, when he WOULD be eventually trusted, and what happened? Come on... tell me... what happened?

He f*cked it up!
    You can't seriously blame Vince for RVD's ****ups and sloppy work.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

well given the general concensus that most WWE wrestlers are seriously un-happy and have been for some time, it's seems that RVD has been the victim over the past 5 years of speaking out and not "playing politics". As was said he was at his best 5 years ago and was never even considered for a big push. Frankly i'm amazed they ever gave him the WWE title, HHH must have hated that!

RVD at his best in 2002, wasn't that the year he botched the frog splash and crushed HHH's throat?

Hell if i was HHH i'd probably hate it too! No way was RVD ready for a major title reign then! What passes for a main eventer in a two bit promotion doesn't particularly pass for a main event in the big leagues.

Sandman is another case - we all know how well HAK did in WCW :P
    VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

RVD v Vince next week? Gee with all the talk of RVD leaving soon I wonder how that match will finish......a win for Mr. Tuesday Night V-K-M.

you''re hardly gonna allow one botched move to stand as arguement, every wrestler botches moves (including HHH: this is seriously sick - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR3QvCi2dG0)

Granted there is a difference in appealling to a larger crowd than the original ECW, but there is no denying that RVD was one of the top 5 most popula wrestlers throughout 1999-2003. Even with my limited access to ECW coverage here i knew he was seriously talented and popular.

That aside i still don't think it's fair to say that RVD was given a fair shot at being WWE's top guy, especially when you see people like Cena (i've nothing against him) coming in and being put at the head of the que staright away!

Two things about that footage
    1) Garner aint dead so whoever titled it HHH kills wrestler doesn't have a clue what they're talking about
    2) Garner looks like he botched his end. HHH would have really needed to yank him up hard to botch like that. To me, that looks like Garner thought HHH was gonna suplex him and almost jumped it again. I'm no expert on this, but i've been watching for 2 decades this year.

3 years isn't exactly ahead of the queue considering Brock Lesnar did it in four months. RVD just isn't a main eventer, he was tried for a push in 2001 and he couldn't last up there with Rock and Austin (bear in mind Jericho was pushed at the same time, and he was able to "break the glass ceiling" so to speak. Also bear in mind that Jericho was another of the "wrestlers who were un-happy" (yet Jericho won't work for anyone else but WWE) ).

They tried to push him again in 2002 by giving him the IC reign, he verbally trashed the title, in an interview basically stating he was above it (when clearly he'd shown that he wasn't), so he was knocked down a peg or two to tag division, which he worked his way back up from (and i will give him credit for that)

They turn ECW into a 3rd brand in 2006, and RVD is the guy hand picked to lead. Now bear in mind, they could have chosen Sandman or Sabu for this, but they gave it to RVD as they had been grooming him for a year from the previous ONS. Due to bad timing and RVD reinjuring himself at ONS 05, we didn't see much of him.

And then what does he do? He gets busted for possession!
    And you're telling me he wasn't given a fair shot at being a top guy? Are you smoking the same funny ciggies as RVD? Or are you just a wind up merchant? ;)

VR!

• Advertisement

Ok maybe it is just me being a huge fan of his but i just feel that he had it in him (with the proper support) to be a top guy. I suppose i will agree that being done for possession was pretty unprofessional and he deserved what he got after that but i just feel that he was never going to be allowed to be bigger than ROck, Austin, HHH for whatever reason (maybe because he made his name in ECW????). I'm pretty tired and i'm pretty sure most of my comments don't make any sense, so in closing.... i like RVD!!!!

It's just hard to accpet that with his fanbase and talents that he hasn't been more prominent in the business but i suppose as you say his personal attitude as been a problem.

Just wondering what would you're take be on Randy Orton, given that it is quite a similar situation he is in at the minute and he doesn't seem to be moved out of the main event level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

what ever happened to brock lesnar
    geez he was massive
    what was his finishing move again was it the f50?

yayamark wrote:
    what ever happened to brock lesnar
    geez he was massive
    what was his finishing move again was it the f50?

haha, yeah close it was the F5 or The Verdict as he called it when he went to Japan. He failed at an attempt to get into the NFL and ended up going to wrestle in Japan. I think he's getting ready for a MMA fight but i might be wrong!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

amull87 wrote:
    haha, yeah close it was the F5 or The Verdict as he called it when he went to Japan. He failed at an attempt to get into the NFL and ended up going to wrestle in Japan. I think he's getting ready for a MMA fight but i might be wrong!!!

cheers amull87

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

WWE didnt make Van Dam. When ECW folded they picked him up and him, along with others, suffered for being products of other territories. You really have to prove your loyalty before your given a chance in WWE with a major title.

RVD being one, Booker T being another. How many times did he come out looking the poorer in his series with the Rock? And he got his first title reign similar to RVD only recently. Jericho being another.

Vince has to make you and in a way own you before he'll invest an interest. Look at Cor Von.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Booker T was made champion of champions.
    RVD was ECW and WWE champ at the same time. Not exactly being held down

RVD does have it in him to be huge, but he just has the whole attitude of doing it his way and only his way. When you work for a company, and i mean ANY company, you're gonna have a boss, and you're gonna be told what to do. WWE is no different. The possession incident isn't the only way RVD has acted unprofessionally over the years. Especially when you go on interviews and bitch about the company (that not only his fans, but i'm sure himself) that one wants to advance in.

Orton is somewhat of a different case, yeah he does act like an ass and f*ck up on many levels. But is in there because quite frankly, there's nobody else left to stick up there on RAW on a main event level. The likes of Haas, Benjy, Carlito and Masters are still midcarders and just wouldn't be convincing as main eventers, whereas Orton has already been there more than once. Do i think Orton should be up there after all the sh*t he keeps doing? No i don't, do i see anyone else on the RAW roster that would fill his boots there at the minute, sadly no, i don't.

RVD has a cult fanbase, from his ECW days. A lot of that fanbase are happy to turn a blind eye to the amount of times he's f*cked up in the last five years, yet will happily point out Orton's f*ckups. Which i have a hard time sitting by and watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

LOL..

Without Vinces financial backing, there would be no ECW. Heyman could barely even pay his guys, at least the guys now are guarenteed a paycheck.

Because he publically verbally trashed the title he DID have, not only proving that he's a complete ass but that he was unreliable with a midcard title and completely untrustworthy with a major title....

If he had proven himself unworthy of the major title they wouldn't have put the belt him on eventually...
    ... and it only took four years, when he WOULD be eventually trusted, and what happened? Come on... tell me... what happened?

He f*cked it up!
    You can't seriously blame Vince for RVD's ****ups and sloppy work.

Hold on, earlier you said Vince tried everything to push him. Now you've changed your tune to 'Well he didn't get a push but he didn't deserve one'. Which is it? Regardless of your personal feelings on him the fact remains he had to wait ages for a shot despite being one of the most over guys in the company.
    RVD at his best in 2002, wasn't that the year he botched the frog splash and crushed HHH's throat?

It was the year he did a frog splash from the top of the chamber which presumably was sanctioned by HHH. Hardly an easy move to pull off. As pointed out Triple H has botched moves too. Of course 2002 was also a year he had some top class ladder matches with the likes of Jeff Hardy but go ahead and ignore all that.
    Hell if i was HHH i'd probably hate it too! No way was RVD ready for a major title reign then!

Sure he was. He was over enough but The Game felt he'd be bad for business. Same with Kane. Same with Booker T. Same with...well, everybody except for his best pal Shawn.

As for RVD getting caught with the "funny cigarettes", the WWE had made light of RVD's shall we say 'easygoing lifestyle', even having him do so in his promos, so there was always a hypocritical element of their moral stance on that issue. His crime was getting caught.

dlofnep wrote:
    LOL..

Without Vinces financial backing, there would be no ECW. Heyman could barely even pay his guys, at least the guys now are guarenteed a paycheck.

Wanna tell MrNiceGuy over there? He seems to think that never happened, despite the fact that it was written all over the bankrupcy statement :)

VR!

• Advertisement

Hold on, earlier you said Vince tried everything to push him. Now you've changed your tune to 'Well he didn't get a push but he didn't deserve one'. Which is it? Regardless of your personal feelings on him the fact remains he had to wait ages for a shot despite being one of the most over guys in the company.

I said he tried pushing him from the second he stepped in full time and he couldn't cut it there with Rock and Austin (whereas Jericho could) and continued to push him all the way to 2002. After his cockups in 2002 he didn't deserve it. He worked his way back up.
    It was the year he did a frog splash from the top of the chamber which presumably was sanctioned by HHH. Hardly an easy move to pull off. As pointed out Triple H has botched moves too. Of course 2002 was also a year he had some top class ladder matches with the likes of Jeff Hardy but go ahead and ignore all that.

If it wasn't an easy move to pull off, then don't do it. For the safety of yourself and the recepient of that move! As already pointed out, HHH wasn't entirely to blame on that footage shown (again, your speciality, ignoring blatant facts just to hammer a point). And he was pushed cos of his ladder matches with Jeff in 2001, in fact he got a main event push about 3 months into when he started, and he couldn't step up to the plate.
    Sure he was. He was over enough but The Game felt he'd be bad for business. Same with Kane. Same with Booker T. Same with...well, everybody except for his best pal Shawn.

Booker T wasn't ready for main event, but he looked a damn sight better than Steiner, whom HHH had come out of a feud with! Kane hasn't wanted to be main event for years and has stated himself that he'd prefer to put over newer talent. HHH has had no problem putting over newer talent, Orton, Batista and Cena. He has one year of overexposure between the end of 2002 and the end of 2003. Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan were responsible for a lot more overexposure than that!
    As for RVD getting caught with the "funny cigarettes", the WWE had made light of RVD's shall we say 'easygoing lifestyle', even having him do so in his promos, so there was always a hypocritical element of their moral stance on that issue. His crime was getting caught.

Had it not been when he was given the ECW belt, only mere months after the Wellness policy (which we know is bendable, but thats not the issue), it wouldn't have been half as bad.

VR!

Wanna tell MrNiceGuy over there? He seems to think that never happened, despite the fact that it was written all over the bankrupcy statement

I seem to think what never happened? That Vince never paid Heyman? It has been acknowledged by you that this was done as compensation for Vince acquiring his talent, which incidentally helped pave the way for ECW to go out of business. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a revisionist.
    I said he tried pushing him from the second he stepped in full time and he couldn't cut it there with Rock and Austin (whereas Jericho could) and continued to push him all the way to 2002. After his cockups in 2002 he didn't deserve it. He worked his way back up.

You said he tried 'everything' to push him which is not true. Van Dam could certainly cut it with Austin as he was involved in a triple threat match with Austin and Angle during the Alliance storyline! He was more over than Jericho at this point but he was not given a push like Jericho following the Alliance storyline.
    If it wasn't an easy move to pull off, then don't do it. For the safety of yourself and the recepient of that move!

What makes you think Van Dam wanted to?
    As already pointed out, HHH wasn't entirely to blame on that footage shown (again, your speciality, ignoring blatant facts just to hammer a point).

Um, that wasn't pointed out. You said:
    Garner looks like he botched his end. HHH would have really needed to yank him up hard to botch like that. To me, that looks like Garner thought HHH was gonna suplex him and almost jumped it again. I'm no expert on this, but i've been watching for 2 decades this year.

This is what is known as your opinion. My opinion, and presumably the opinion of people who make vids on wrestling botches which includes that move, is that it was a botch. I hope my comment about you being learned about wrestling hasn't gone to your head. ;)
    And he was pushed cos of his ladder matches with Jeff in 2001, in fact he got a main event push about 3 months into when he started, and he couldn't step up to the plate.

Again some real bizarre reasoning on your part. (Invalid reasoning dare I say :) ) since a year later at Unforgiven 2002 he was challenging in the main event for the World Title against HHH. Hardly the hallmark of a guy who "couldn't step up to the plate". He was also involved in the Elimination Chamber match in 2002 for the World Title. Also, following HBK's World Title win in the Chamber, guess who got a shot at the title the next night on Raw? Why it was RVD! If you check out the match you'll see he had a hell of a lot of support in that match too. Couldn't step up to the plate? Bollocks.
    Booker T wasn't ready for main event, but he looked a damn sight better than Steiner, whom HHH had come out of a feud with!

Booker was well ready. He was one of the participants in the Elimination Chamber and was accepted by the fans as a top guy. Politics ruined his chances.
    Kane hasn't wanted to be main event for years and has stated himself that he'd prefer to put over newer talent.

Kane said that around a year ago. This was 2002 and Triple H was hardly "newer talent". Kane would have loved a run with the title but of course ego got the best of The Game.
    HHH has had no problem putting over newer talent, Orton, Batista and Cena. He has one year of overexposure between the end of 2002 and the end of 2003. Bret Hart and Hulk Hogan were responsible for a lot more overexposure than that!

HHH put over his two Evolution buddies. Overexposure is wrong however you try and justify it.
    Had it not been when he was given the ECW belt, only mere months after the Wellness policy (which we know is bendable, but thats not the issue), it wouldn't have been half as bad.

There were promos done when he had the ECW belt (mere months after the wellness policy) when he was making fun of his lifestyle with severalsubtle references - no doubt playing off of the 'RVD 420' stuff from the original ECW, and the WWE even had shirts out at the time playing off of this part of Van Dam's lifestyle. It was total hypocrisy on WWE's part.

Booker was well ready. He was one of the participants in the Elimination Chamber and was accepted by the fans as a top guy. Politics ruined his chances.

I was under the impression that Vince and Booker got on swimmingly. Vince let's contracted WWE superstars appear on Booker's independent wrestling promotion and he had quite a few title runs as well as feuds with Austin and The Rock

Bubs101 wrote:
    I was under the impression that Vince and Booker got on swimmingly. Vince let's contracted WWE superstars appear on Booker's independent wrestling promotion and he had quite a few title runs as well as feuds with Austin and The Rock

He might be looked on well by management but he's not powerful from a political standpoint. In fact if you remember back to the 2004 Raw/SD draft, Triple H was originally traded to Smackdown but Bischoff retained him by trading the Dudley Boyz and Booker T to Smackdown.

Shows you how highly The Game thought of himself at the expense of others.

He might be looked on well by management but he's not powerful from a political standpoint. In fact if you remember back to the 2004 Raw/SD draft, Triple H was originally traded to Smackdown but Bischoff retained him by trading the Dudley Boyz and Booker T to Smackdown.

In fairness, Triple H was probably worth that at the time and the fan's reaction showed that on Smackdown.Also, I thought that that angle was to show the inexperience of Smackdown's new GM (can't remember if it was Angle or Steph) as Heyman resigned on Raw

Uh, Blame Brian Gerwertz or Arn Anderson or whoever was writing the storylines for that one. There was bugger all chance of HHH going to SD that year! And Booker, RVD and Dudleyz had done all they could on RAW by that stage!

You remind me of Bret Hart dude, sometimes you just have a hard time distincting a personal issue from a script ;)

VR!

I seem to think what never happened? That Vince never paid Heyman? It has been acknowledged by you that this was done as compensation for Vince acquiring his talent, which incidentally helped pave the way for ECW to go out of business. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a revisionist.

Including yourself if you still insist that Vince "raided" talent, when most wen voluntarily. Most of the time Vince acquired his talent was cos Heyman couldn't pay them. Heyman knew this and had no problem with it because of Vince's backing.
    You said he tried 'everything' to push him which is not true. Van Dam could certainly cut it with Austin as he was involved in a triple threat match with Austin and Angle during the Alliance storyline! He was more over than Jericho at this point but he was not given a push like Jericho following the Alliance storyline.

A match that neither Angle or Austin were happy with as they felt he hadn't adapted to WWE style, which is why he was relegated back to midcard status. As for being more over than Jericho at that point, don't make me laugh please. Rock and Jericho were teaming/feuding at the time and the crowd popped a damn sight louder for those than they did for RVD
    What makes you think Van Dam wanted to?

I didn't see him NOT doing the move, did you?
    This is what is known as your opinion. My opinion, and presumably the opinion of people who make vids on wrestling botches which includes that move, is that it was a botch. I hope my comment about you being learned about wrestling hasn't gone to your head. ;)

Most people who make vids on botches have about as much insider knowledge as yourself and i, which in turn, doesn't count for sh*t. As i said, by the looks of it, the recipient of that move was equally to blame, and thats not my opinion, thats what the actual footage LOOKS like, try all you wan't, but you can't dispute it.
    Again some real bizarre reasoning on your part. (Invalid reasoning dare I say :) ) since a year later at Unforgiven 2002 he was challenging in the main event for the World Title against HHH. Hardly the hallmark of a guy who "couldn't step up to the plate".

You think that was to push RVD? That was to concentrate on Flair's heel turn! In a smarks world, that term is known as "fodder", and thats exactly what RVD was. You seriously think they were gonna put that belt on RVD in the same month HHH was given the belt? Are you THAT naive?

Booker was ready experience wise, but that storyline had no preparation and precious little buildup apart from a few racial slurs from HHH. Last i remember Booker wasn't even originally pencilled in for that main event. They were aiming for Steiner v HHH hence the upper midcard position of that match at the event. But due to Steiners poor performance at No Way Out and the fact that he was booed before he even hit the ramp. The booking was changed.
    Kane said that around a year ago. This was 2002 and Triple H was hardly "newer talent". Kane would have loved a run with the title but of course ego got the best of The Game.

Which is why he never got one since 1998 and that was a one day run? Somehow i don't believe that.
    HHH put over his two Evolution buddies. Overexposure is wrong however you try and justify it.

Here we go with the buddy conspiracy! The fact is he put over new talent, and i'll agree with you on the overexposure being wrong, i hated HHH's 2003 run. It got boring
    There were promos done when he had the ECW belt (mere months after the wellness policy) when he was making fun of his lifestyle with severalsubtle references - no doubt playing off of the 'RVD 420' stuff from the original ECW, and the WWE even had shirts out at the time playing off of this part of Van Dam's lifestyle. It was total hypocrisy on WWE's part.

Not hipocracy when he gets busted by the cops and gives the company a worse name than it already had, and given Guerreros tragic death, it was already recovering from a severe bout of bad publicity.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

I think one of the main problems with Vince lately is the lack of new superstars with charisma and promo skills from the atitude/invasion era, the only real new breakthrough superstar that i can have seen lately is Mr Kennedy. At the moment he's the only one on any of the rosters who could become a real superstar like HHH, HBK Rock or Austin had.

In my opinion Cena is just to much of a babyface at the moment....its becoming too damn predictable with him. None of the recent guys have the charisma or character to establish any kind of serious run.

Some of you may disagree....but thats your opinion.

I read this in an article about the Undertakers injury and up coming surgery and i think its very true.

"The last time Undertaker
    was out for a significant period of time with an
    injury was in 1999 into 2000, when he missed eight
    months with a torn groin, and a torn pectoral muscle,
    which he did while training for his comeback. The
    difference between now and then is that while
    Undertaker was still one of the featured performers,
    he was not THE featured performer. Vince had guys
    that you might have heard of named Steve Austin, The
    Rock, Mick Foley, and Triple H to carry the wagon."

Its from the wrestling observer. Read the full article http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=19427

ec18 wrote:

"Vince had guys
    that you might have heard of named Steve Austin, The
    Rock, Mick Foley, and Triple H to carry the wagon."

This is what pisses me off about Meltzers work, his selective memory. Austin wasn't far behind Undertaker that year when it came to injury. Undertaker was actually back from his injury before Austin was able to get back into the ring full time.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Meltzer didn't write the article. That point is still valid though. Taker's their 2nd or 3rd top guy at the moment with no one readily in mind to replace him. Back then there were more top guys

Uh, Blame Brian Gerwertz or Arn Anderson or whoever was writing the storylines for that one. There was bugger all chance of HHH going to SD that year! And Booker, RVD and Dudleyz had done all they could on RAW by that stage!

Why blame those guys? Trips was sitting in for the writer's meetings and was bonking his powerful Mrs so I'll blame his overexposure on himself. If he had wanted to alter matters he could have.
    Including yourself if you still insist that Vince "raided" talent, when most wen voluntarily. Most of the time Vince acquired his talent was cos Heyman couldn't pay them. Heyman knew this and had no problem with it because of Vince's backing.

Not revisionism on my part when I'm going on Vince's own comments in the Rise and Fall... DVD. And by the way, Heyman having no problem with his talent being taken? Big LOL for that.
    A match that neither Angle or Austin were happy with as they felt he hadn't adapted to WWE style, which is why he was relegated back to midcard status.

Uh oh, revisionism alert! Earlier your argument was "Vince did everything to push the ungrateful RVD" which has now become "Well Angle and Austin helped relegate him to midcard status". Confused? Too funny mate. ;)
    As for being more over than Jericho at that point, don't make me laugh please. Rock and Jericho were teaming/feuding at the time and the crowd popped a damn sight louder for those than they did for RVD

You must be joking. The Rock had singles matches with both guys and RVD was definitely more over than Y2J.
    I didn't see him NOT doing the move, did you?

Your point being? How does that prove that Van Dam WANTED to do the move? You realise agents are often involved in determining the big spots, right?
    Most people who make vids on botches have about as much insider knowledge as yourself and i, which in turn, doesn't count for sh*t.

If they have as much knowledge as you or I then their opinions are surely just as valid?
    As i said, by the looks of it, the recipient of that move was equally to blame, and thats not my opinion, thats what the actual footage LOOKS like, try all you wan't, but you can't dispute it.

Wrong, it IS your opinion and I can very much dispute it because in MY opinion, Triple H got way too much on the move.
    You think that was to push RVD? That was to concentrate on Flair's heel turn! In a smarks world, that term is known as "fodder", and thats exactly what RVD was. You seriously think they were gonna put that belt on RVD in the same month HHH was given the belt? Are you THAT naive?

Oh my, silly me! RVD was "fodder" was he? For Flair's heel turn no less? And I guess he was "fodder" the countless other times he had title matches that particular year? I'd no idea. Oh do forgive me and my naive ways. :)
    Booker was ready experience wise, but that storyline had no preparation and precious little buildup apart from a few racial slurs from HHH. Last i remember Booker wasn't even originally pencilled in for that main event. They were aiming for Steiner v HHH hence the upper midcard position of that match at the event. But due to Steiners poor performance at No Way Out and the fact that he was booed before he even hit the ramp. The booking was changed.

Sure. Maybe Booker was fodder too.
    Which is why he never got one since 1998 and that was a one day run? Somehow i don't believe that.

You don't believe what? You think Kane had political stroke? Please.
    Here we go with the buddy conspiracy! The fact is he put over new talent, and i'll agree with you on the overexposure being wrong, i hated HHH's 2003 run. It got boring

Hardly a conspiracy. He even had Kevin Nash as number one contender in mid-'03. It's amazing he didn't have X-Pac return and become IC champion.
    Not hipocracy when he gets busted by the cops and gives the company a worse name than it already had, and given Guerreros tragic death, it was already recovering from a severe bout of bad publicity.

C'mom, course it was hypocritical and nothing you say here challenges that reality. His crime was getting caught and we all know it.

Why blame those guys? Trips was sitting in for the writer's meetings and was bonking his powerful Mrs so I'll blame his overexposure on himself. If he had wanted to alter matters he could have.

Given the fact that he wasn't actually married to her at that point, yet again exposing your ignorance.
    Not revisionism on my part when I'm going on Vince's own comments in the Rise and Fall... DVD. And by the way, Heyman having no problem with his talent being taken? Big LOL for that.

Again, given books and shoot interviews from those THAT WERE THERE, as opposed to an opinion of an ECW mutant fan who thinks his word is gospel, i'll have no problem on which side i'll pick. No offence.
    Uh oh, revisionism alert! Earlier your argument was "Vince did everything to push the ungrateful RVD" which has now become "Well Angle and Austin helped relegate him to midcard status". Confused? Too funny mate. ;)

Not as funny as the fact that RVD's character was more over than his actual ability (or lack of it), and your refusal to accept it.
    You must be joking. The Rock had singles matches with both guys and RVD was definitely more over than Y2J.

Dunno what matches you were watching. I've the entire year of 2001 here. :)
    Your point being? How does that prove that Van Dam WANTED to do the move? You realise agents are often involved in determining the big spots, right?

Yes but if it's gonna be a move thats planned and them being involved, often enough those moves are tested before the event starts, case in point, nine out of ten of Shane's big bumps, to make sure that neither man gets hurt. Oh i'm sorry if that makes too much sense for you!

If they have as much knowledge as you or I then their opinions are surely just as valid?

Not really, but i never claimed mine was, i'm just claiming that my explanation makes more sense, which it does. As opposed to your Triple H hating ass :)

Wrong, it IS your opinion and I can very much dispute it because in MY opinion, Triple H got way too much on the move.

Lol, whatever makes you sleep at night, this has gone from a decent discussion to a deliberate slate your belief that your opinion is right, and thats it. As opposed to looking at both sides of the coin. Go write for 411 or something. They'd love you :)
    Oh my, silly me! RVD was "fodder" was he? For Flair's heel turn no less? And I guess he was "fodder" the countless other times he had title matches that particular year? I'd no idea. Oh do forgive me and my naive ways. :)

Forgiven, happy now? Next!
    Sure. Maybe Booker was fodder too.
    Nope, just a last minute replacement, another thing you forgot to read.
    You don't believe what? You think Kane had political stroke? Please.

Doesn't have anything to do with it. Beside's if you were writing, would you put the belt on him? Oh wait, don't answer that.
    Hardly a conspiracy. He even had Kevin Nash as number one contender in mid-'03. It's amazing he didn't have X-Pac return and become IC champion.

He's over 6 foot, he looks like a monster and a former main eventer. Blame Vince for his facination for big guys, not HHH for that one. Oh wait... nevermind.
    C'mom, course it was hypocritical and nothing you say here challenges that reality. His crime was getting caught and we all know it.

Yeah, cos the fact that he was in possession of an illegal narcotic, nothing wrong with that at all! And the nomination for future candidate for parent of the year... is JOU!

And seeing as you're strictly arguing for arguments sake, and getting quite boring at it i might add, here, have the last word on it, it's all yours.. No please! I insist!

VR!

Given the fact that he wasn't actually married to her at that point, yet again exposing your ignorance.

He was in the storyline. ;) You know that he used his power in an inappropriate way as you touched on his overexposure earlier, so you therefore must concede that he could have done something about that.
    Again, given books and shoot interviews from those THAT WERE THERE, as opposed to an opinion of an ECW mutant fan who thinks his word is gospel, i'll have no problem on which side i'll pick. No offence.

None taken since I wouldn't class myself as an ECW fan, nor a mutant for that matter. But you go ahead and ignore Vince McMahon's own thoughts whilst defending Vince on the basis that...Vince's thoughts are inaccurate? Hey it's amusing if nothing else. :)
    Not as funny as the fact that RVD's character was more over than his actual ability (or lack of it), and your refusal to accept it.

Ah, defelcting away from the issue. Can't blame you really when earlier your argued "Vince did everything to push the ungrateful RVD" which then became "Well Angle and Austin helped relegate him to midcard status".
    Dunno what matches you were watching. I've the entire year of 2001 here. :)

Then you might wanna watch the entire year mate as your opinions are puzzling to put it mildly.
    Yes but if it's gonna be a move thats planned and them being involved, often enough those moves are tested before the event starts, case in point, nine out of ten of Shane's big bumps, to make sure that neither man gets hurt. Oh i'm sorry if that makes too much sense for you!

Dear oh dear. Just using Shane to defeat your silly theory, when did he pull out a Van Terminator before he hit it on his dad at Wrestlemania 17? When did he practise jumping off an ambulance onto somebody before he did it on Kane in 2003?

When did Ken Kennedy practise hitting his Green Bay plunge on Hornswoggle before he hit it at WM23? Back to the drawing board for you I guess!
    Not really, but i never claimed mine was, i'm just claiming that my explanation makes more sense, which it does. As opposed to your Triple H hating ass :)

Ooh personal insults, also known as an ad hominem argument, which is the result of someone being out of their depth and not having anything to offer. I like the fact you claim your opinion is not valid. At last something we agree on!
    Lol, whatever makes you sleep at night, this has gone from a decent discussion to a deliberate slate your belief that your opinion is right, and thats it. As opposed to looking at both sides of the coin.

You're very confused now. It was you who deliberately stated your opinion was right and that was that and it was me who pointed out to you that all you had offered was an opinion which does NOT make it right. Keep up.
    Yeah, cos the fact that he was in possession of an illegal narcotic, nothing wrong with that at all! And the nomination for future candidate for parent of the year... is JOU!

Who's Jou? She sounds like a good mother. But I digress.

Yeah Van Dam smoked some weed. Who knew he was into that?! Thank goodness Triple H and Vince would never go near drugs though.
    And seeing as you're strictly arguing for arguments sake, and getting quite boring at it i might add, here, have the last word on it, it's all yours.. No please! I insist!

Ah you're too kind. OK here's my last word - this debate (which you've tried to turn into a slanging match) was originally about you saying Vince had done everything to push the ungrateful Van Dam.

Since you later changed your tune to 'Van Dam was relegated to mid-card status thanks to Austin and Angle' we can at least ascertain that your view that Vince had done "everything" to push Van Dam was far-fetched at best. That's all I was trying to prove. ;)

Oh and one more thing, no need for the personal insults. They reflect poorly on you. Even Jou would tell you that. :cool:

This is what pisses me off about Meltzers work, his selective memory. Austin wasn't far behind Undertaker that year when it came to injury. Undertaker was actually back from his injury before Austin was able to get back into the ring full time.

VR!

While that may be true, the point is still valid...just cause ausitn happened to be injured as well there was enough main event standard guys, Rock HHH and Jericho etc.....

Can you really name 3 or 4 guys who can fill HBK's or Cena's spot if they were injured

ec18 wrote:
    While that may be true, the point is still valid...just cause ausitn happened to be injured as well there was enough main event standard guys, Rock HHH and Jericho etc.....

Can you really name 3 or 4 guys who can fill HBK's or Cena's spot if they were injured

Yeah, for HBK you have Benoit and MVP and for Cena you have Kennedy and Orton.

VR!

• Advertisement

Yeah, for HBK you have Benoit and MVP and for Cena you have Kennedy and Orton.

VR!
    First of all benoit's got the character and Charisma of door, MVP's just plain annoying... Kennedy has potential and Orton's overrated as the next HBK or HHH...The orton/evolution angle was interesting for a while then he got kicked round the place by taker for a few months before becoming a pain again. He's a great wrestler but not in the same league as HHH, Rock Austin Taker or HBK..
    Edge should be given a big push now set him up with a proper title rein.

and i wouldn't want to trust raw to them....

Kennedy has potential but In my opinion its a bit too early to give him a big push

BRING BACK JERICHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ec18 wrote:
    First of all benoit's got the character and Charisma of door, MVP's just plain annoying... Kennedy has potential and Orton's overrated as the next HBK or HHH...The orton/evolution angle was interesting for a while then he got kicked round the place by taker for a few months before becoming a pain again. He's a great wrestler but not in the same league as HHH, Rock Austin Taker or HBK..
    Edge should be given a big push now set him up with a proper title rein.

and i wouldn't want to trust raw to them....

Kennedy has potential but In my opinion its a bit too early to give him a big push

BRING BACK JERICHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jericho was class

any news on him coming back to wwe

Advertisement