Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Article: 40,000 fewer cars using Westlink Toll Bridge

• 04-05-2007 12:27am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭

from http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0503/m50.html
    Thursday, 3 May 2007 21:45
    Over 40,000 fewer cars are using the Westlink Toll Bridge on the M50 since the start of roadworks and the opening of the Port Tunnel.
    At the start of the year the number of cars was down by 7%, while the number of trucks increased by 21% on 2006 levels.
    Transport official Brendan O'Brien said the reduction in cars may be due to greater congestion.
    I presume this figure is a daily drop

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

kbannon wrote:
    I presume this figure is a daily drop
    Yes, they are presumably talking about the AADT, which according to this (page 11) was 98000 vehicles in 2004, so it's probably 80000 now (assuming 120,000 at the start of the road works in 2006).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I would take it with a lot of salt. NTR are apparently refusing to give the figures to Dublin City Council.

For all we know its 40,000 fewer per week or per month.

Advertisement