Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paramount Comedy - stuck on a loop?

• 04-05-2007 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

is it just me or is Paramount Comedy (on the basic NTL package) stuck on a loop? It seems to have the same stand up every other night.

Is it just me? Is this the point of the channel? What am I missing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Reptileboy

I completely agree. They seem to repeat the same shows over and over again. Those that they do show new are generally repeats of sitcoms that aired on terrestrial channels years ago.

I even hate the way the censor material. Take That 70's Show. They edit out any mention of the word "ass". Despite the fact that "dumbass" is the fathers catchphase. And it's not even the evening broadcasts that are censored, the late ones are too.

It's strange but I think I watch more comedy shows on Channel 6 than I do Paramount Comedy. At least they have Family Guy, My Name Is Earl, The Office, Curb Your Enthusiasm, American Dad! and Seinfeld.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I hate they way the only show a subset of the comedy shows and keep repeating them. I've seen the same episodes of That 70's Show repeated at least 3 or 4 times in the past couple of months. Surely there are more then enough episodes that they don't have to keep repeating them. Same goes for most of the other shows. And it's so annoying with the censorship on That 70's Show. Obviously they've just bought the show as it was aired in the States and left in the censorship. Christ, American's are so bloody sensitive. Hard to believe that have to cut out the word Ass among others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Paramount One is rubbish, Two is a bit beter as it tends to have UK stuff after 9 pm.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Reptileboy

It's frustrating that all the comedy shows that I do like that Paramount Comedy have the rights to, they decide to put on Paramount Comedy 2. A channel I don't have.

When I first started watching Paramount, I really enjoyed the mix of classic sitcoms and stand up shows. But there is only so many times I can watch the same episodes of Frasier or MASH, before I get really tired of them.

But repeated showings of That 70's Show seasons one to three seem such a great idea. Heavily edited and censored. Who would not want that!

At the moment the only thing on Paramount Comedy I am watching is South Park. And even then, I've seen those episodes dozens of times.

Hopefully they will get some new stuff. Not some crab with that idoit David Space in it, or some lame ass American sitcom.

Advertisement