Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there an election on?

Options
  • 04-05-2007 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

So the election has been called, although judging by the posters gone up Bertie is the only option.

now I am not that politically mindede, but I do think we should vote, people died for the right to be self govourned & if we didnt have the vote we would be kicking up stink.

I think Fianna Fail will get back into power eventhough we all know they are dodge as f*ck so it is a matter of who we put in power with them.

The PD's have done sh*te, at the moment my vote is going to...

1) Michael D Higgins (Labour)
    http://www.labour.ie/michaeldhiggins//
    2) Niall Ó Brolcháin (green, mayor)
    http://www.niallobrolchain.ie/about_niall.html
    3) Margaret Cox (independant/ex Fianna Fail)
    http://www.margaretcox.com/

So are you going to vote? If not why not?
    who are you voting for?
    who should I vote for?

I know its a bit meh, but as I said above "we should vote"

oh &
    What daft questions should we ask canvasers if they call to the door.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

What daft questions should we ask canvasers if they call to the door.

Why have ye made such an eyesore with the amount of election posters along Salthill promenade????
    Not daft but its a disgrace if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Transport, Energy, Water, Responsible Immigration, Planning law reform, Empower a true telecomms regulator - reclaim the national comms infrastructure/penalise Eircom for cynically impeding competing broadband ISPs, copyright & "intellectual property" reform, internet libel law - provisions for indemnification of public community discussion fora such as boards.ie
    Driving instruction in 2nd level education (similar to US, using cars, theory, simulators), driving license reform - look at Germany.
    Publicy vetted (ie. open source code) e-Voting as an additional method, not a replacement. Look at Switzerland and Austrailia.

I'm going to give a preference to the Greens, Labour and any other minority I can find.
    Fsck Fianna FáilGael. Two-headed pidgeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Margaret Cox's Posters state "€3,000 Million reasons"...is that €3 Billion shes on about or what?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Margaret Cox...milf like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

Anyone travel the road between the Marriot and JJ flemings garage, its a long enough road and 99% of the ligh poles have at least 1(alot have 3) election posters, such a waste of money and plastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Don't give a bollocks but I'm voting for Donal Lyons cos I know him =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

DRakE wrote:
    Don't give a bollocks but I'm voting for Donal Lyons cos I know him =D

waste of time, he hasnt a hope getting in, he's even more low profile than the last election when he polled very low.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'd like to see O'Brolchain take the 5th seat in Galway west at the expense of the PDs.

On Margaret Cox, well she's proved unelectable twice before despite the weight of two juggernaut FF campaigns behind her. She hasn't a chance as an independent. That she's promising a nebulous €3 Bil..sorry €3000 Million for, eh, stuff is dubious even as election promises go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Robbo wrote:
    €3 Bil..sorry €3000 Million

Brilliant, I thought I needed to book an appointment at Specsavers when I saw that sign :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Robbo wrote:
    I'd like to see O'Brolchain take the 5th seat in Galway west at the expense of the PDs.

Why that twat? FG for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement