Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Road planning decisions in Limerick

Options
  • 04-05-2007 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Ok this idea came out of the recent thread on the bus lane between the Coonagh roundabout and Ivan's. Send me your nomination for the worst road planning decisions in Limerick. I will collate them and hopefully one of the moderators will set up a poll for them so we can vote for our favorite one. I will send the link onto Limerick blogger and maybe we can send them on to the relevant council. Who knows maybe we could find out where the worst ones are coming from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

The change coming to the access to the southern ring road at the Quality Hotel .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Two words Traffic Lights The Hilton ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 munster22

3 lanes on the new bridge when thers not enough room and 2 lanes on teh dock road whens theres more then enough room but people tend to notice this and constantly try and kill each other

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• The Tipperary Road junction with the Southern Ring Road.
    • The new traffic island just beyond the Abbey bridge for the turn off to the Absolute Hotel.
    • The closure of Sir Harry's Mall when the Grove Island road from Corbally to the Dublin road isn't even complete.
    • Childer's road bottle neck between the Parkway Roundabout and Ballysimon Roundabout.
    • Childer's road retail park entrance/exit.
    I could probably think of more.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Not building a bypass about 10 years ago. Also the location of the new bridge (Not really new anymore though is it?).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Well the Red Cow causes a tail back that just about reaches Limerick...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Traffic lights between the Groody roundabout and the Parkway roundabout on the dooblah road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

traffic island in bus lane in dooradoyle
    getting rid of exit ramp at quality hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

Folks,
    Just to clarify I am looking for things the council have done that have actually made the traffic situation worse. I am not looking for things the councils could have done but didn't.

That list would be just too long ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

jonski wrote:
    The change coming to the access to the southern ring road at the Quality Hotel .
    I thought they stopped that, anyway they could of done something better with the childers road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

munster22 wrote:
    3 lanes on the new bridge when thers not enough room and 2 lanes on teh dock road whens theres more then enough room but people tend to notice this and constantly try and kill each other

4 Words: Rules of the Road.

It appears you know very little about them, as do quite a number of users of that utility!!

Advertisement