Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

req: approx. price for changing out a bathroom

Options
  • 04-05-2007 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

just swapping toilet, bath and basin? any ideas please, need to know if I'm getting good value or not!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Depending on the work involved it'd be about 200 - 300 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Everything is staying in the same place basically so I presume all the pipework can be reused. I thought 2 grand was a bit high alright. Surely it would be less than a days work!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

2 Grand? Did you actually get a quote for that? That's ridiculous, although it is a workers market at the moment.

As for re using the existent pipework, it really depends on what condition it's in and where the connections are on the new Sanitary Ware. Even so, the cost for materials shouldn't be more than €50. If you're supplying the SW the bulk of the cost will be for the labour and not the materials.

I actually price plumbing work (among other things) for a living, but as is always the case it's difficult to give an accurate quote without seeing what's involved. But one thing I can guarantee you is that it shouldn't cost 2 grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Are there wall/floor tiles involved?

there will be some wall tiling around bath area and floor tiles too but it's quite a small room. Wouldn't think tiling should cost more than 200 in total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Sweetie,I know a good plumber if you want his number? He is in Dublin though,where you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 biro15

2 grand is a bit much id say 1999.99 should do it.

mad m wrote:
    Sweetie,I know a good plumber if you want his number? He is in Dublin though,where you based?

Dublin 7. Pm me please!

Advertisement