Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto help needed!

Options
  • 04-05-2007 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I have a 5 door 2000 Fiat Punto 1.2 litre engine car. I just got it serviced less than a month ago. I tried turning on my car this morning and nothing happened. The radio won't work, the engine doesn't start and the airbag light comes on and stays on. Is my airbag broken and does this mean my car won't work till its fixed or is my problem something else? Would the fact that I just paid a lot of money to get my car serviced mean the garage would do this for free?

Thanks for any replies in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is there a clicking noise when you try and start it?
    Are all the usual dash lights coming on? Are they dimmer than usual?
    Im suspecting an electrical problem - possibly battery. Did the airbag light go off even if the car wasn't started before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Well tbh, the garage that did the service won't do anything for free. They completed the service on your car and when you drove out of the garage everything was working. You will most likely have to pay again to fix whatever is broken.

It does sound like a battery issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

A flat Battery maybe...maybe someone with jump leads can try starting it for you. If it starts it might need a new battery....

Best of luck... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

kbannon wrote:
    Is there a clicking noise when you try and start it?
    Are all the usual dash lights coming on? Are they dimmer than usual?
    Im suspecting an electrical problem - possibly battery. Did the airbag light go off even if the car wasn't started before?

Yeah, there is a clicking noise. Should I try and jump start it? I only replaced the battery about 6 months ago though! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

GF has had two fiats and I just replaced the battery in the punto. There seems to be some electrical leak that keeps the battery low, possibly from radio. Deffo the battery, jump start and drive to your nearest battery shop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Check the terminals on the battery. Make sure they are clean and and the leads are tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sounds like a flat battery, most likely caused by forgetting to turn the radio off

Advertisement