Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dart - places to visit?

Options
  • 04-05-2007 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Although I've lived in Dublin eleven years I've not used the Dart much or explored the areas both north and south it goes through. I've mainly lived in Dublin 6-8. So anyway I realised yesterday that the ticket I use for bus/rail for work covers the Dart as well. As I pay 113 yoyos a month for it, I think I should make an effort to get the value out of it!

So ideas would be welcome from ppl who live along the Dart line of places to go for walks that are 'safe', maybe nice shops/bookshops/cafes/museums etc just to wander around if i'm bored at the weekend. Things in your area that are interesting. I was out in Dun Laoghaire for a birthday dinner last night and had a great walk on the pier so i've already made a start!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Visit Howth.
    Plenty of restaurants, nice sea air, walk up howth head.
    Buy some fresh fish from the trawlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

This is a good book, giving lots of places to go and things to do along the DART line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭daenis

As mentioned above I would recommend Howth. I live quite near and there are lots of good restaurants, pubs, walks etc. If you nedd any recommendations just ask.

Bray is also a nice spot, especially if the weather is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Dart to Greystones then walk back to Bray via the cliff walk - its about 5 miles and a beautiful walk (especially in the morning when its in the sunlight).

Killiney Hill and on into Dalkey is another good walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

i second graystones.

nice part of the world right there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭cor

Malahide is a good spot with lots of nice restaurants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Get off at Clontarf Rd and go to Barcode :eek:

Only joking, of course.

If you get off at Clontarf Rd you can visit the Dracula Musum in the same building as Barcode, and just accross the road is the acual Crescent where Bram Stoker lived,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Seansouth is right. Get off at Clontarf and after you visit the Bram Stoker museum, walk along the seafront up as far as the wooden bridge(about 20 mins)A little further on and you will come to a great place for lunch called Bay. You can relax there and get the 130 bus back to the dart station if you are too knackered to walk back.

Advertisement