Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom refund for BB outage

Options
  • 04-05-2007 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Can I get a refund for no BB access caused by an Eircom fault? Has anyone ever done this?

I have had lots of problems with my Eircom BB connection… all at their end not mine. The latest was a port plug problem in the exchange (again). In the last 2 months I have had no BB for about 15 days. I am :mad: I wonder what my chances of a refund on BB subscription or the outage period plus refund for calls (8 euro this month) to the Eircom 1890 helpdesk.

Any experience anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Depends what the fault was and where it was and how they handled it.

I wouldn't agree with a full refund but certainly for the period of days you were within broadband (refund for non-usage), sure see if they'll give it to you. No harm in trying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

H2G2 wrote:
    Can I get a refund for no BB access caused by an Eircom fault? Has anyone ever done this?

I have had lots of problems with my Eircom BB connection… all at their end not mine. The latest was a port plug problem in the exchange (again). In the last 2 months I have had no BB for about 15 days. I am :mad: I wonder what my chances of a refund on BB subscription or the outage period plus refund for calls (8 euro this month) to the Eircom 1890 helpdesk.

Any experience anyone?
    I did this when eircom first started offering broadband. I was paying 54 odd euro for a 512 line. Anyway the first 2/3 months were dodgy in my town because eircom were messing with the lines resulting in the broadband dropping regularly.

Everytime I reported the problem that my broadband was down all the customer service reps said there was a problem with my computer. I showed them how that they were talking ****e i.e. the router works independent of the computer but they all said there is nothing wrong with the broadband in my town.

My father is ex-eircom so I talked to some of those working on the broadband in the area and they told me that they were having difficulties with the broadband.

So I rang up eircom and ****ed them out of it because they had wasted so much of my time by not bothering their holes to check if there was a problem in the area. I demanded a refund for the 3 months. They said they would put through a request. Every time I rang back the customer service rep I got said they could not see any request and would put it through again. I had to ring them again about every month for the next 16 months to get anywhere.

18 months after my request for a refund I received a call from the "escalations" department. Some ignorant a$$hole was on the phone asking my what my problem was. I explained. He said he cannot do anything as he cannot check the logs back 18 months. I told him it was not my fault it took so long. He then asked me what do I want. I told him I want my 3 months money back. He said I cannot give you that. I expained how stupid this conversation is. That I have been waiting 18 months for a refund and then he calls and tells me that because it took so long that he could not check logs and see the problems. He then said he could give me 2 months refund and then said good bye. We got the 2 month refund. Eircom ignorant a$$holes.

If you are gonna try and get a refund. Try and get on to escalations as quickly as possible as they seem to be the only ones who can make decisions.

To sum it up - good luck trying to get it!

Advertisement