Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsenal v Chelsea

Options
  • 04-05-2007 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

Arsenal generally available at 9/5 to win this one :eek:

For a team that was within 2 mins of winning at Stamford Bridge before Xmas and has only beaten once at home in their new stadium I think they are way overpriced here and could be an opportunity to make a few quid :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Its an unstable price, quite likely to be a different price come kick-off.

If City win/draw against MUFC tomorrow there will be a punt on Chelsea as people will feel they are back in it. Hence Arsenal will probably be 2/1+.

If MUFC win then people will feel Chelsea's heart won't be in it and Arsenal will be backed into a more realistic 11/8~6/4.

So 9/5 will look either very clever or very stupid come 4.00 Sunday.

Personally I cant see MUFC failing tomorrow (especially with morale in City low after the JBarton incident) so 9/5 Arsenal would look good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Sizzler wrote:
    Arsenal generally available at 9/5 to win this one :eek:

For a team that was within 2 mins of winning at Stamford Bridge before Xmas and has only beaten once at home in their new stadium I think they are way overpriced here and could be an opportunity to make a few quid :D

I'd say the price is about right. Comparing them with pre-christmas is irrelevant. Arsenal have nothing to play for and have been poor in their last few games. And they are missing Henry.

BBC

Arsenal's Czech midfielder Tomas Rosicky is rated only 50/50 because of a hamstring problem.

Freddie Ljungberg (hamstring) is out, along with Thierry Henry (groin and stomach), Robin van Persie (broken foot) and Theo Walcott (shoulder).

Chelsea have fitness doubts over Ricardo Carvalho (knee) and Andriy Shevchenko (groin).

Michael Ballack has undergone ankle ligament surgery and is not expected to return this season.

Personally I'd fancy the 1-1 for a small interest bet as there aren't too many big games left this season, but probably won't bother with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

As a utd. supporter I have wagered a few euros on chelski to win at 3.1 on betfair.

If the win it will numb the pain - if the lose/draw I'll be delighted anyway.

Advertisement