Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

query re recognition of foreign qualifications and experience

• 04-05-2007 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am in the process of having foreign qualifications recognised here- am about to submit my application but I am told it will take 8 to 12 weeks to process. Does any one have experience of this process and is it possible to speed it up at all?

Secondly is there a central point to apply to have experience recognised towards an academic/research post? Much of the experience would be in this country. Or does each individual university or IT decide for themselves how much if any of your experience they will take account of?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You might get a better response over on the postgraduate forum, here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Keurgegawe

Doh! Thanks Tom. I'm a new poster so I am not used to doing this yet. Still don't know how I managed to put it on the wrong board.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Thread moved..

Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

It really depends on the qualification you are talking about. Which country, institute and degree do you have?

There are some agreements regarding certain countries and degrees.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

/Deleted original post in this forum

• Advertisement
Advertisement