Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers V Celtic - and watching the game in dublin

• 04-05-2007 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Listen i dont expect much of a response here but im just trying to exhaust all avenues so - does ANYONE have any ideas of a place to watch the game on Saturday which would be not hostile to a Gers fan? Im going mad watching all my games on my living room telly.... i need a bit of atmosphere before i end up moving back home to glasgow.

ANY help would be useful.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

odonnell wrote:
    Hi guys

Listen i dont expect much of a response here but im just trying to exhaust all avenues so - does ANYONE have any ideas of a place to watch the game on Saturday which would be not hostile to a Gers fan? Im going mad watching all my games on my living room telly.... i need a bit of atmosphere before i end up moving back home to glasgow.

ANY help would be useful.

No idea, I doubt it's an issue of hostility unless you venture into some knacker part of the city, or some hardcore city centre pub, but more of an issue of it not being much fun to sit and drink on your own.

Anyway, these chaps might be able to help you:
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/dublinrangers/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'd reckon no matter what pub you go to you'll get some idiot giving you grief.

Unless you are near Tolka Park? The bar in there would be most welcoming, as there is a genuine anti-Celtic feeling among the supporters there.

Or I hear Bohs are pro-Rangers too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

FRAZIERS - LOL and Gary Og is playing after the game in there so you would be in for quite a treat.
    Not sure where you could go mate as there are idiots everywhere. As a lifelong Celts fan it would sicken me if a Rangers fan was abused (verbal abuse allowed though i.e. banter) or threatened while watching a match in Dublin.
    I'm sure I've seen an ad for a Rangers supporters club in Dublin in the Herald?
    Plenty of Scot ex pats living in Dublin and surrounding areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

Cheers guys... i rarely get any trouble with this sort of thing but i generally dont invite it either you know? I wont walk down o'connell street wearing my top, say :) However, you all know how good it is to watch these games in the pub with your mates, a big screen, a pint, and a sing song with some cheap sausages at half time. How i miss it.

Cheers for the response guys, looks like ill need to go and drag out my email address for the Dublin Loyal (that supporters club you guys referred to...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Where about are you? There's no point in going somewhere there's going to be a bunch of Celtic fans and if there's no Celtic fans then there probably won't be a good atmosphere so it's catch 22. If you went somewhere like Scruffy Murphy's on Mount Street you could chat with the bar staff. One of them supports Celtic but he'd enjoy the banter. You certainly won't get trouble in there.

http://www.dublinpubscene.com/thepubs/scruffymurphys.html

• Advertisement

im over near the KCR bud, but sure ill not be TOO specific ;) hehe.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

odonnell wrote:
    Cheers for the response guys, looks like ill need to go and drag out my email address for the Dublin Loyal (that supporters club you guys referred to...).

Yeah, the website hasn't been updated in a long time by the looks of it so who knows how active they are, but there's an email address on the site you could try.

Only thing that would put me off them is that the site seems to talk about religion etc. as much as football - I suspect they could be a bunch of Orange nutters.

nah im told theyre alright and not half as hostile as what id be used to at home mate... ive read a few articles about them too in the newspaper which seem to explain that they arent truly bigoted and merely want to support the gers from dublin - they will no doubt get a lot of stick from both sides though.

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/sport.cfm?id=1106602002

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bank holiday weekend? head into Temple bar early after about 2 minutes you will find a pub with enough gers fans to enjoy it.

I will cheer for Rangers if you come to my house , will get you beer too.

may involve you laying 80 large paving slabs

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

KdjaCL wrote:

may involve you laying 80 large paving slabs

I didn't know Liverpool were playing? :confused:

If you're over the KCR direction, the Two Sisters (the Twins) in Tereneure is civil enough, I can't see you getting any grief in there.

Cheers lads... good decent healthy friendly input from the lot of you... ;)

Ziggy - ahem.... which victory mate?

I ended up helpin my mate move house this morning shortly before playing an hour of footie then rushing home to catch the bloody game in a whirlwind of sweat so i didnt even get the ruddy CHANCE to hit the pub.... in i came, stumbling up the stairs, switching my phone off and reaching for the tv remote whilst trying to get my fitba boots and shinnies off at the same time.

Ive emailed the RSC in dub so, hopefully thatll be me sorted in the future. Cheers for all the non-negative responses guys... i really expected more of you! hehe

Bateman...which direction from terenure X is the twins??? im ALWAYS looking for a pub to watch the fitba and got bored of bradys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement