Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can you get good Tailored shirts?

• 04-05-2007 12:04pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm quite small with a thin frame, and most shirts unless they are slim fit look silly as they puff out at the sides. I find it difficult to get good slim fit shirts though.

I have an mate who is from Italy who has a similar frame to me, and he gets all his shirts tailor made in Italy and posted over here. It costs about €70 per shirt but they are really nice and obviously fit perfectly.

I was wondering if there is anywhere in Dublin that does this for similar money - I know you could go to Louis Copeland etc but he is very expensive and normally caters to fat old men. ;)

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Henry Jermyn on Dawson st. They tailor shirts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Mayrice Abhrams next door to him on Sth Anne St is good also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

my bf is really skinny and him and his best mate both like topman shirts as the sleeves aren't as puffy? apparently they cater to the skinny.
    i realise topman is probably not the kind of shop your looking for but it's worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

You'll never know how expensive Loius is until you go in. Pre-Christmas sale, and July/August sale the best time to go in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Try Thomas Pink in Dawson Street. Yes, the shirts are on the expensive side but you'll get so much wear out of them and they look so good they are worth it imo. Just make sure you follow the washing instructions to the letter, i.e. hang them up while still a little bit damp etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Thomas Pinks slim fit shirts aren't all that slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Try TM Lewin on South Anne Street - I think they have special offers at the moment also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Just buy the shirts you want and have a tailer take them in. It can be a much cheaper option.

Advertisement