Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Kits Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

kinaldo wrote:
    Rofl!

That's definitely faked anyway.

Jaysis.

And that Arsenal black and blue dealy is horrible imo.

And I don't like the 'swish' on the Liverpool one either.

Oh, and what about this new effort from Man United? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

cant get the toon jersey to come up.

Arsenal away jerseys seem decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

The West Ham kit is genuine I'm told, just their new sponsor has been photoshopped for the pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Celtic's is old style based on the 1967 kit. Any excuse for Nike to make a bit more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

kinaldo wrote:
    The West Ham kit is genuine I'm told, just their new sponsor has been photoshopped for the pic.
    Photoshopped?

MS Painted more like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Trilla wrote:
    cant get the toon jersey to come up.
    oops; fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The Liverpool one is horrible..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

hopefully the new united ones are nice - stupid that we'll be getting two new ones again though (assuming the club don't back track on what they said last summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

rofl Sean :D

That pool away one is terrible. It would be grand without the stripes to the side. The first Arsenal one is grand.

Anyone recall the bright orange one Ireland wore for about 90 minutes in the late 90s?

i try NOT to remember that game....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

kinaldo wrote:
    Are you sure that's not the new English one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Bolton one looks the best out of all the ones there imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

are United changing theirs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I think UTD are changing the home one but not the away one

edit: looks like they might be changing all the kits~: on the site there are listed as for 2006/07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The Arsenal blue away jersey's been around since last season. Definitely a fake.

The white & red one could well be the real thing, not great imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

These have been confirmed by Milan...

Milan Home

Milan Away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Will be getting the new toon top next week in the shops, I think that home kit is the blackest one we have had so far, looks fairly stylish though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Don't think that Liverpool one is accurate, that same shirt was floating around last year and was available with all the player's names on it on eBay. Pic of the Fowler one below, know one lad who got it and said the quality is better than the official shirt.

These two are also doing the rounds and 2nd and 3rd shirt for next year.

By the way, has anyone seen the new shirt printing for next season, saw a snap of it on Sky the other night, looks decent enough

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If that white Arsenal away is real, it will be a sure-fire way to identify which Arsenal fans are mongs.

It'll also cause me concern about the owners of AFC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭andrew1977

neacy69 wrote:
    I think UTD are changing the home one but not the away one

edit: looks like they might be changing all the kits~: on the site there are listed as for 2006/07

United 3 kits changing alright, the kits this season were a off off to celebrate 50 years in Europe/busby babes etc.
    Another rip off exercise by United..need to service the Glazer debt somehow

• Advertisement

andrew1977 wrote:
    United 3 kits changing alright, the kits this season were a off off to celebrate 50 years in Europe/busby babes etc.
    Another rip off exercise by United..need to service the Glazer debt somehow
    wow - i simply don't understand how so many people can have such a flawed view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Bout time they changed the Man U home one, the shade of red on it is awful. Most fans I know refused to buy it, Id still reckon a majority of shirts I see around are Vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I love the current united one tbh. The away one is even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Glad to hear they're changing the home on
    evad_lhorg wrote:
    I love the current united one tbh. The away one is even better.
    Although it does look smashing on you!

I quite like the away one too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

BaZmO* wrote:
    Are you sure that's not the new English one?

Its a terrible looking jersey but Inter was set up by English x pats. Most of their jerseys have a reference to that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

eirebhoy wrote:
    Celtic's is old style based on the 1967 kit. Any excuse for Nike to make a bit more money.

I'm sure Nike won't be the only ones making money out of it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Tauren wrote:
    wow - i simply don't understand how so many people can have such a flawed view.

Really ? I cannot understand how some people are so naive..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

when was the last time utd kept the same home kit for 2 years running? just out of interest like?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Inter change their jersey every year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

el rabitos wrote:
    when was the last time utd kept the same home kit for 2 years running? just out of interest like?

actually they've retianed their home kit for two years since 94 at least, it's the away kits, third kits and Euro kits that have caused controversy...

Really ? I cannot understand how some people are so naive..
    he deal United have with Nike is for £23million per season, no matter how many tops are sold - so United releasing a new jersey results in Nike making a crap load of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

New City one to be launched on May 14th. Rumour has it that le coq sportif are back on board to make another horrible range of gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

damienom wrote:
    Don't think that Liverpool one is accurate, that same shirt was floating around last year and was available with all the player's names on it on eBay. Pic of the Fowler one below, know one lad who got it and said the quality is better than the official shirt.

By the way, has anyone seen the new shirt printing for next season, saw a snap of it on Sky the other night, looks decent enough

Two two look lovely. I'm not normally one to buy away jerseys, but I'd be tempted!

• Advertisement

Just on the shirt printing for next season, here's what the new numbers and names look like......beware if you're planning on getting something printed over the next couple of weeks!

damienom wrote:
    Just on the shirt printing for next season, here's what the new numbers and names look like......beware if you're planning on getting something printed over the next couple of weeks!
    pah - can't be getting a name and number on it right away - will have to wait and see what number Eto'o gets at United. (;) :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

he deal United have with Nike is for £23million per season, no matter how many tops are sold - so United releasing a new jersey results in Nike making a crap load of money.

That's quite cute :) How do you think the 23 million price was determined, magic? Maybe based on past number sold, just maybe :)

United normally ensure each kit they use will be the same for 2 seasons. Last year was a one off special :) The next kit, will be around for 2 years.
    I really can't see all three kits changing, I think the away one will stay. They like to alternate the kit changing so each season they can market a new shirt.
    Three years ago it was a new Red one
    Two years ago it was the Blue
    Last season it was the new Red one
    This year won't be all three, it'll be two prob. They will market the new Red one
    Next year has to be something, and it'll be either the away or the 3rd choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

damienom wrote:

the fowler "fake" one or whatever it is, looks like it was left over from the world cup in 2002, sort of has the stylings of the korean/japanese shirts:confused:

PHB wrote:
    That's quite cute :) How do you think the 23 million price was determined, magic? Maybe based on past number sold, just maybe :)
    So? What difference does that make? It still means Nike will be the ones making money off the new kits sold (apart from the percentage United would get from tops sold in the megastore, which i don't think would equal a massive amount)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Here's the new City jersey, not out til July though....

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=302&Itemid=26

Not a huge fan of the new jersey. Looks too much like a training top or a Coventry jersey. We seem to be losing our identity every year. First the blue shorts now this.

Here's the 4 new Spurs shirts

Launch dates for the rest apparently are
    Liverpool Away - launch 1/06/07
    Sunderland Away - launch 29/06/07
    AC Milan Home - 2/07/07
    AC Milan Away - launch 2/07/07
    AC Milan 3rd - launch 2/07/07
    Bayern Home - launch 2/07/07
    Benfica Home - launch 2/07/07
    Chelsea Away - launch 2/07/07
    Liverpool Euro - launch 2/07/07
    Marseille Home - launch 2/07/07
    Newcastle Away - launch 2/07/07
    Real Madrid Home - launch 2/07/07
    Real Madrid Away - launch 2/07/07
    Real Madrid 3rd - launch 2/07/07
    Inter Home - launch 2/07/07
    Inter Away - launch 2/07/07
    Juventus Home - launch 2/07/07
    Arsenal Away - launch 5/07/07
    Man Utd Home - launch 12/7/07
    Rangers Away - launch 5/07/07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Spurs have four different jerseys next season !:eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

dubmick wrote:
    Taking the piss, isn't it?

Meanwhile, rumours persist that Arsenal are bringing out a white away kit, presumeably for no reason other than to milk a bit more cash out of the fans. Mind you, anyone stupid enough to buy it probably deserves to be fleeced, as they'd be the fairweather types anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

isnt that spurs home jersey the same as this years?

man city jersey looks manc (nice pun?) le coq make terrible looking gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

dubmick wrote:

what's the point of the light blue one? it's so pale that from a distance it looks almost white (especially on cameras). complete money spinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

what's the point of the light blue one? ..... complete money spinner.

They were talkin about it on Soccer AM on saturday. Apperently its to commemorate something(cant remember what) and will only be worn for one game only next season and that's it - complete and utter money spinner!

Yeah spot on, 125th Anniversary shirt to be worn for one game. What a sham.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/kitlaunch120507.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

does anyone have a link to the new man united kit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭smoke

el rabitos wrote:
    isnt that spurs home jersey the same as this years?

man city jersey looks manc (nice pun?) le coq make terrible looking gear.

also:

man city jersey looks coq (nice pun?)

• Advertisement
Advertisement