Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Kits Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

yom 1 wrote:
    They were talkin about it on Soccer AM on saturday. Apperently its to commemorate something(cant remember what) and will only be worn for one game only next season and that's it - complete and utter money spinner!

lol, i didn't even realise it was half white! thought it was light glare! jaysus... pre-ordering, special certificates, boxed! that sh*t should be banned. clubs should have two jerseys and two jerseys only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,097 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i suppose theres call for 3 alright, if the home team has a jersey with the colours of the away teams, eg. liverpool mite wear the 3rd (white) against bradford as they have red and yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

lol, i didn't even realise it was half white! thought it was light glare! jaysus... pre-ordering, special certificates, boxed! that sh*t should be banned. clubs should have two jerseys and two jerseys only.
    Why? If people are stupid enough, or wealthy enough to buy every jersey their team releases so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I saw this on another forum. This can't be real. Can it?

http://i11.tinypic.com/4oph3dt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

eirebhoy wrote:

I sincerely doubt it .

eirebhoy wrote:

That's a Photoshop jobby. And a bad one at that! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Big Ears wrote:
    I sincerely doubt it .
    it would make sense - if they are going after the same people who buy celtic jerseys in ireland.

They know who they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

BaZmO* wrote:
    Why? If people are stupid enough, or wealthy enough to buy every jersey their team releases so be it.

meh i'm just thinking about your average jane/joe parents being put under sh*tloads of pressure from the young 'uns to buy all the jerseys. it's mostly kids anyway who buy 'em isn't it?

meh i'm just thinking about your average jane/joe parents being put under sh*tloads of pressure from the young 'uns to buy all the jerseys. it's mostly kids anyway who buy 'em isn't it?
    Personally I don't buy that excuse. Whatever happened to that old fashioned tradition of saying "no"?
    My parents used it to great affect when I was growing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

BaZmO* wrote:
    Personally I don't buy that excuse. Whatever happened to that old fashioned tradition of saying "no"?
    My parents used it to great affect when I was growing up.
    you can't do that anymore - you have to sit the kid down and have a reasoned debate on the pro's and con's of both sides of the argument, and have an indepdent arbitrator present to decide which argument is more valid; anything less is child abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

No pictures, but ground breaking news I think.
    Portsmouth Football Club and the world's leading rugby brand, Canterbury of New Zealand, have announced a ground breaking deal, which will see the international sports wear manufacturer supply the Premier League side with first team kit, training apparel and bench wear from the beginning of next season. The deal will also bring to football, the first layered kit system with Canterbury combining its revolutionary BaseLayer product with playing apparel.

The deal will also see Canterbury work in conjunction with the club to produce a bespoke range of Off-Field clothing for fans.

The long-term agreement marks Canterbury's entry into the lucrative football kit manufacturing market, having established themselves as the leading global brand in rugby with kit deals in place with many of the world's top rugby nations including; Australia, Ireland, South Africa, Scotland and Japan as well as Heineken Cup finalists London Wasps.

Peter Storrie, Chief Executive of Portsmouth FC, said:

"At a time when the ambitions and development of Portsmouth FC are growing on the pitch, it is essential that we look to commercial partners who mirror our aspirations. Canterbury's global presence as well as their innovative and fresh thinking approach to kit manufacturing will help the club to develop both on and off the field.

"The kit that Canterbury is providing the club will be the most technically advanced in the Premiership, and the first ever to include a layered system combining Canterbury's BaseLayer technology with our football shirts. This coupled with the commercial advantages of Canterbury providing a bespoke fashion range for the fans means the partnership is an exciting prospect that everyone at the club is looking forward to."

Joe Middleton, CEO Canterbury of New Zealand, commented:

"The deal with Portsmouth FC brings together two brands that are looking to use technology and innovation to grow their respective businesses. The move into football marks an exciting time for the Canterbury brand as well as an excellent opportunity to showcase the expertise of the company to a new audience. Both Canterbury and Portsmouth FC are companies with similar ambitions to grow and achieve success in the sporting arena, so this deal is seen by both parties as an ideal partnership.

"Our company is in a unique position to not only be able to call upon a rich sporting heritage, but also be able to offer Portsmouth FC our proven track record in the production of high tech performance equipment."

Half of Blackrock College will become Pompey Fans:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Tauren wrote:
    you can't do that anymore - you have to sit the kid down and have a reasoned debate on the pro's and con's of both sides of the argument, and have an indepdent arbitrator present to decide which argument is more valid; anything less is child abuse.

LOL, Now that would be funny if it wasn't true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

These are the away and European kits for Liverpool next season. It is clear that these are 100% true from the little hint pics on the official site today. The home remains the same next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

Here's the full Liverpool kits from the Adidas campaign

Gerrard modelling the away,

Carragher in the third

The Gerrard one looks somewhat photoshopped but presumably must be the shirt if it's on the Adidas site

Here's the new Sunderland away and goalie and Birmingham home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

apparently the United one

http://aycu11.webshots.com/image/16930/2001959781116608386_rs.jpg

could be just a training top. it does look kinda plain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i dont think the Gerrard one is real as according to the addidas website there should be a liverbird on gerrards bottom right of the jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

For a start anyway Liverpool WILL NOT be having a brand new Third Jersey next season, it will be this seasons yellow away jersey as has always been the case down thru the years that the previous seasons away kit becomes the third choice kit the following season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Wouldnt be mad on the liverpool ones, all the umbro kits are terrible, the United one looks unchanged and I am not crazy on the spurs kits exceptn for the white one(the yellow and black(or whatever it is is rank, the blue and white is'nt bad)

I love the city shirt. Think that is lovely but am I the only one who feels it's shaping up to be a crap season kit wise? Most of them are horrid things.

cupthehand wrote:
    For a start anyway Liverpool WILL NOT be having a brand new Third Jersey next season.

Turns out it's an away and euro away kit they're launching.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/kits/

cupthehand wrote:
    For a start anyway Liverpool WILL NOT be having a brand new Third Jersey next season, it will be this seasons yellow away jersey as has always been the case down thru the years that the previous seasons away kit becomes the third choice kit the following season.
    Check out the official site mate before you go shouting at people. By the way, the yellow jersey has been discontinued, as it was only ever an 06/07 jersey. Did you not notice how cheap they've been selling for in the last couple of months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

evad_lhorg wrote:
    apparently the United one

http://aycu11.webshots.com/image/16930/2001959781116608386_rs.jpg

could be just a training top. it does look kinda plain
    I hope thats not the united jersey for next season. Its far too plain and just looks like a sweat-shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

BFassassin wrote:
    I hope thats not the united jersey for next season. Its far too plain and just looks like a sweat-shirt.
    i really don't get what you mean by too plain.

Its a united top - its supposed to be red and no much else! Personally, i think it looks great, and i particularly love the fact the crest is sewn directly into the kit as opposed to on a badge like th current top.

I would be very happy if that was the United kit. Plus, at the resolution of the pic, i would not be surprised if there was some detail that is not evident.

However, considering the pic is from SkySports, i'm more then a little surprised a lot of people have not seen the top on skysports too.Would also be surprised that there would be a pic on skysports before the official site.

Don't think it is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Shamrok wrote:
    These are the away and European kits for Liverpool next season. It is clear that these are 100% true from the little hint pics on the official site today. The home remains the same next season.

Seems your right - this is linked from liverpoolfc.tv

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/liverpool/content/index.asp?ref=est358&lfcprmid=18724504

Not sure I like them. Although I'll have to see them properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Supposidly Man Utds new jersey.

http://maillot2008.skyrock.com/pics/943967468.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

any sign of the new villa nike kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Seriously hope not. It looks too much like a Liverpool shirt from the front. Needs some white/black trim.

Here's the Liverpool Goalie away...

Id say that is the Utd one alright. same as the one I posted previous too only short sleeved. I like it but the collar could do with a differennt colour

Celtic Away 07-08

Arsenal Away 07-08

Fulham Home 07-08

Borussia Dortmund 07-08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Hoops1888

eirebhoy wrote:
    Celtic's is old style based on the 1967 kit. Any excuse for Nike to make a bit more money.

I thought its nice.

• Advertisement

Arsenal Away Again

cupthehand wrote:
    Arsenal Away Again
    Do Arsenal not have a team bus to take them to the away matches?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

BaZmO* wrote:
    Do Arsenal not have a team bus to take them to the away matches?
    Sold it to build up some transfer funds.

Barcelona Home & Away 07-08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

That away one's not too bad. Better than the last 2 years anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

cupthehand wrote:
    Barcelona Home & Away 07-08

is it only me that noticed that ronni is about twice the size of what he is in that photo now

West Ham 2007

Arsenal 3rd/Euro Jersey
    Arsenal 3rd_Euro Jersey.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

cupthehand wrote:
    West Ham 2007

Jesus, that XL logo just kind of hits you.

• Advertisement

cupthehand wrote:
    West Ham 2007
    Has Richard Dunne signed for them?

Chelsea Away

Spurs Home

Everton Home 07

Man City

Launch dates for New Jerseys...

Liverpool Away - launch 21/06/07
    Chelsea Away - 28/06/07
    Spurs Home - 30/06/07
    Sunderland Away - launch 29/06/07
    Real Madrid Home - launch 29/06/07
    Real Madrid Away - launch 2/07/07
    Real Madrid 3rd - launch 2/07/07
    Inter Home - launch 2/07/07
    Inter Away - launch 2/07/07
    AC Milan Home - launch 2/07/07
    AC Milan Away - launch 2/07/07
    AC Milan 3rd - launch 2/07/07
    Juventus Home - launch 2/07/07
    Bayern Home - launch 2/07/07
    Benfica Home - launch 2/07/07
    Marseille Home - launch 2/07/07
    Arsenal Away - launch 5/07/07
    Rangers Away - launch 5/07/07
    LA Galaxy Home - launch 15/07/07
    LA Galaxy Away - launch 15/07/07
    Barcelona Home - launch 20/07/07
    Newcastle Away - launch 26/07/07
    Man Utd Home - launch 1/8/07
    Liverpool Euro/3rd - launch 16/08/07

• Advertisement

Bayern Munich Home 07
    Sheff Wednesday Away 07
    Stuttgart Home 07
    Sttutgart Away 07
    Real Betis Home 07

Wigan Home 07
    Ajax Home 07

cupthehand wrote:
    Launch dates for New Jerseys...

Liverpool Away - launch 21/06/07
    Chelsea Away - 28/06/07
    Spurs Home - 30/06/07
    Sunderland Away - launch 29/06/07
    Real Madrid Home - launch 29/06/07
    Real Madrid Away - launch 2/07/07
    Real Madrid 3rd - launch 2/07/07
    Inter Home - launch 2/07/07
    Inter Away - launch 2/07/07
    AC Milan Home - launch 2/07/07
    AC Milan Away - launch 2/07/07
    AC Milan 3rd - launch 2/07/07
    Juventus Home - launch 2/07/07
    Bayern Home - launch 2/07/07
    Benfica Home - launch 2/07/07
    Marseille Home - launch 2/07/07
    Arsenal Away - launch 5/07/07
    Rangers Away - launch 5/07/07
    LA Galaxy Home - launch 15/07/07
    LA Galaxy Away - launch 15/07/07
    Barcelona Home - launch 20/07/07
    Newcastle Away - launch 26/07/07
    Man Utd Home - launch 1/8/07
    Liverpool Euro/3rd - launch 16/08/07

are these new? because I was in three different shops a few days ago all of which had man utd home for 12/7

Dortmund Away
    Trikot_1181837748.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement