Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ragdoll Breed of cats

Options
  • 04-05-2007 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a beautiful tabby no breed but still gorgeous and i wanted to think about getting maybe another two. As we have had some pets pass away do to old age and the house feels a bit empty and my cat keeps following another cat that looks like the one we lost.

Anyway i was thinking of getting a Ragdoll cat as i love the breed but i dont know if you can get one in Ireland. I think it is a bit mean to have them shipped over from England.

Anyone know of anywhere?

I am also looking for a puppy as we used to have a dog aswell and it is only now i feel able to face welcoming a new family member ( doggie member). I guessed i would just go to the Ispca for that though. But just thought i would post it on here in case.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

There was a lovel ragdoll in a rescue a good while ago I guess there is a very slight chance one would come into rescue again but you could be waiting a long time. Dog wise there are zillions to chose from not only from the ISPCA but from other great groups around the country.
    Check out http://www.irishanimals.ie/dogs/index.html

Or click on a county on the right, photos will come up of the dogs (and cats) with a bit of info about them too.
    http://www.irishanimals.ie/ bound to be one out there that you will fall in love with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Thanks so much:)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I dont think there are any breeders in Ireland, the south at least.
    I haven't come across any...
    There is no problem getting one from England, flying doesn't do them any harm.
    If i find one in south or north i'll post up a link for you....
    You could e mail the registrar at the GCCFI and ask if there are any breeders registered.

Advertisement