Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Card DVI-I Question

Options
  • 04-05-2007 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

I have this monitor and a graphics card very similiar to this one. I have an adaptor that I can plug into the DVI-I port and then plug the VGA cable into it. I tried hooking it up to my monitor and I got no picture. I know I'm doing something wrong. What is the DVI-I port for? And can I hook it up to my monitor?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Does the card have a VGA port if so why not use that instead ?

As for the DVI-VGA adapter well it should work unless the port is DVI-D only but that would be unlikely.

BTW there is a graphics forum for this kind of issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

8T8 wrote:
    Does the card have a VGA port if so why not use that instead ?

As for the DVI-VGA adapter well it should work unless the port is DVI-D only but that would be unlikely.

BTW there is a graphics forum for this kind of issue.

I do use the VGA port. I just thought that by using the DVI-I port I might get better graphics???? :confused: But maybe I'm wrong?!?

I only realised after I posted it that it should have been in the graphics forum.

Advertisement