Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survey results.... come and get 'em stat-fans...

Options
2»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Stark wrote:
    Here you go. Sorry the charts look crappy, OpenOffice.org messed them up and my version of Excel doesn't have PDF export.

thanks!

interesting stuff, very valuable for speaking to potential advertisers as there is clearly a large core user base open to advertising and purchasing online.

Only issues I saw raised from initial look are the speed of the site and the technical difficulties results.

Now the speed issues have been resolved and if you assume a lot of 'technical difficulties' were speed related both these questions may get
    much different answers if the survey was today. Although there are issues with vbulletin/FF etc, they are minor enough and I doubt are apparent to a lot of the user base.

A bit like the red c poll yesterday the information on those 2 questions may already be out of date!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes I expect it the two technical questions would fare much better now.

DeV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

DeVore wrote:

We blocked by IP... its the best of the two options.

odd, from what i remember when accessing boards.ie from work the message to complete the survey came up almost every day, even though i had already completed the survey (from work)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

That seemed to happen to some people and others never got it at all... *frown*. Most people never saw it again if they filled it in and were browsing from the same IP.

Certainly that was our intention!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I got it twice IIRC, (but only filled it out once).

Same IP both times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hey, dunno if it helps but heres a PDF version with the graphs and stuff cleaner looking. I know it was done by Stark but he mention about the graphs being bad so I decided id put up one which seems ok on my end anyway :)

Link: http://www.kevsul.com/downloads/Survey_Feb-March2007-1.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Sully wrote:
    Hey, dunno if it helps but heres a PDF version with the graphs and stuff cleaner looking. I know it was done by Stark but he mention about the graphs being bad so I decided id put up one which seems ok on my end anyway :)

erm...where?:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry, it didnt upload as an attachment :P

Link: http://www.kevsul.com/downloads/Survey_Feb-March2007-1.pdf

Advertisement