Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know this brand

Options
  • 04-05-2007 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

im looking into getting a second hand road bike ... make is maverick excel with teardrop tubing and a shimano 7 sis derailleur...does this sound familiar to anyone...ive trawled the web for a bit and could only find maverick mountain bikes and excel spreadsheets :) see pic attached.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Nope. Never heard of it.

I'd pay no more than 100 lids for that bike....Not a cent more. And that's assuming it's mint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭tadhgrrr

hey Gil, thanks for the advice...the owner is a friend...hes the second owner, apparently the first guy bought it for about €500!! my buddy got it for abotu €250 i think.

why would you value it so low? did they get badly ripped off at the above prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cunnins4

Are shimano SIS gears not those ancient gears? maybe i'm wrong, i just remember them being on my bike when i was 10. Wasn't a very expensive bike back then either, so they're probably not great to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

cunnins4 wrote:
    Are shimano SIS gears not those ancient gears? maybe i'm wrong, i just remember them being on my bike when i was 10. Wasn't a very expensive bike back then either, so they're probably not great to say the least.

iv never seen shimano sis gears on a road bike before only on mountain bikes.
    i doubt that bike cost €500 new TBH. you could get a giant ocr 4 for that and it would have the sti gear levers

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

tadhgrrr wrote:
    why would you value it so low? did they get badly ripped off at the above prices?

Cos it's a no-name brand that's clearly several years old (downtube levers, old skool rear mech). I think the all in one stem looks fairly dated too.

Who knows the quality of the other components, or their age? Maybe with (lots) more in focus pictures it'd be possible to tell some more of the components, but I reckon 100e is on the mark.

• Advertisement
Advertisement