Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stomach Rumbling during Exams

Options
  • 04-05-2007 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

anyone else find this in exams , so humiliating having these noises come and then i lose my concentration !!! is dere ne ting like tablets to stop this!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Tablets? :confused:
    Eat a good breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

tuxy wrote:
    Tablets? :confused:
    Eat a good breakfast.

i do but still rumbling :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

Porridge will stop you from getting hunger pains its full of fibre and will keep you full for longer.

geminilady wrote:
    Porridge will stop you from getting hunger pains its full of fibre and will keep you full for longer.

ya i must try this , i hav like 2 slice of toast but doesnt do it for me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

You call 2 slices of toast a good breakfast?

• Advertisement

with a mug of tea and maybe have 4 slices !! i need something 2 keep me going from 8oclock to 1pm until lunch !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Bananas and porridge, big bottle of water on your desk. Apparently sometimes your body can't tell the difference whether its hungry or thirsty, so your stomach might rumble when all you need is water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

One of those big Yops works a treat

One of those big Yops works a treat
    is that like before your exam or during it , id feel abit stupid having it on my desk but then again less stupid than if my stomach went off!!

Why would you feel stupid? People aren't going to be looking at what you have on your desk during a LC exam....tbh I think they might be more concentrated on the exam itself for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭fuinneamh

4 slices of bread is not a breakfast, as recommended get used to having a big feed of cereal in the morning. during the exam i'd recommend dry snacks such as raisins or nuts to keep hunger at bay and a big bottle of water. then you shouldn't have much difficulty and they also have the added advantage of being relatively quite although open the packet beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Nutri-grains are the way forward. Unbelievable how a wee bar like it can cure hunger as good as it does. But yeah, I'm gonna be trying porridge as well. I might have to throw a couple of kilos of sugar in it to make it anyway decent, but it does stop hunger until lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Nutri-grains are the way forward.

No, they are not. :)

Porridge in the morning. Bring water in with you (pee before the exam!) and have some nuts with you as was suggested.

Anything that peaks sugars quickly is not good for your concentration in an exam, you want to be active at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nothing wrong with the two bowels of weetabix in the morning. All my stomach can handle, plus it gives me like, 15 extra mins in bed cos they fast to eat. The amount of people who dont eat a good breakfast is nuts.

Walnuts. Walnuts are shaped like brains and therefore feed your brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Rozabeez wrote:
    Walnuts. Walnuts are shaped like brains and therefore feed your brain.

That's great logic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Got them very badly during the mocks...and I eat 3 cereals and toast in the morning, as well as a Nutri Grain right before the exam. Water won't help with them.

My english teacher said to bring chocolate in, they'll allow that? Mm...animal bars..

Chocolate for me too. One of those nice big bars of dairy milk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Nutri-grains are the way forward.

I hate those f**kin bars :mad:

I never get hungry during this year for some reason, I eat a good bit at breakfast/lunch etc but i NEVER seem to be hungry at all, which is weird....

Eat something filling before school, don't eat large amounts and don't eat anything high in fat, and use a bit of variety... you'll probably get sick of having the same thing every morning, and you'll probably just have nothing instead which isnt good... happened me lots of times...

Selphie wrote:
    That's great logic :D

Haha, yeah I used it for the JC, handful of walnuts, chopped banana and a bit of yoghurt in a bowl, can't go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 capslocked

Dont drink tea/coffee beforehand
    Drink 7up - good for the belly
    If you smoke - dont smoke too many beforehand
    If its really bad bring rennies in with you
    Or you could just let it all out - its the leaving nobody else is gonna be paying you attention in the exam - better to let it out than hold it in

capslocked wrote:
    Dont drink tea/coffee beforehand
    Drink 7up - good for the belly
    If you smoke - dont smoke too many beforehand
    If its really bad bring rennies in with you
    Or you could just let it all out - its the leaving nobody else is gonna be paying you attention in the exam - better to let it out than hold it in

would 7up not cause gas !! i dont wan gas cause there is gonna be like 18 of us in a prefab :mad: :mad:

capslocked wrote:
    its the leaving nobody else is gonna be paying you attention in the exam - better to let it out than hold it in

I beg to differ. I noticed every single thing in the mocks, and fumed at people. A girl in my Irish exam fell asleep and was snoring slightly. She's lucky my whole honours class didn't kill her. I know that the Leaving is obviously going to be different, cause people are allowed to leave and stuff, but even the slightest bit of noise - moving chairs, tearing paper, shaking Tipp Ex - drives me mental.
    Yep, I know I'm a horrible, pedantic and selfish person, but hey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

md99 wrote:
    I hate those f**kin bars :mad:

I never get hungry during this year for some reason, I eat a good bit at breakfast/lunch etc but i NEVER seem to be hungry at all, which is weird....

Eat something filling before school, don't eat large amounts and don't eat anything high in fat, and use a bit of variety... you'll probably get sick of having the same thing every morning, and you'll probably just have nothing instead which isnt good... happened me lots of times...
    I dunno where I'd be without me nutri-grains every day. A hell of a loy hungrier and grumpier anyway. The strawberry ones are especially nice. Helps me out when I've had a sh1t breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Spank

Selphie wrote:
    I beg to differ. I noticed every single thing in the mocks, and fumed at people. A girl in my Irish exam fell asleep and was snoring slightly. She's lucky my whole honours class didn't kill her. I know that the Leaving is obviously going to be different, cause people are allowed to leave and stuff, but even the slightest bit of noise - moving chairs, tearing paper, shaking Tipp Ex - drives me mental.
    Yep, I know I'm a horrible, pedantic and selfish person, but hey.
    Oh I'm the same way, and all the female teachers LOVED to clip clap around in their 10 inch heels, which must have been made of plastic or something for the sound they made! So distracting!

So wait, you're allowed eat in the exam? chocolate? Usually I'm concentrating on writing so my hunger doesn't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

As for the tummy rubbling, I get it very bad too in the mornings - but I usually get a yop or banana at break and that sorts it out.
    Theres actually a few peeps in the class who get really loud tummy rumbling, and some of the classes in the morning are quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Hit yourself a box when your tummy starts to rumble.

It works (sometimes).

nedward wrote:
    Hit yourself a box when your tummy starts to rumble.

Lol!!!
    Can you just imagine. Leaving Cert students everywhere spontaneously punching themselves in the middle of exams. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

is that like before your exam or during it , id feel abit stupid having it on my desk but then again less stupid than if my stomach went off!!

I laughed when I read this..

I spent my whole time in secondary school trying not to be noticed, and my whole time in UCD trying to be noticed!!!!!!

Didn't work either time!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

yip big problem pour moi also but im gonna try the porrige thing and bananaaa!!

Advertisement