Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a laptop

Options
  • 04-05-2007 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Does anyone know were you could buy a barebones pc in ireland/uk area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

PC or laptop ?

Laptop you cant is the short answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

8T8 wrote:
    PC or laptop ?

Laptop you cant is the short answer.

there actually are such things as bare bones laptops,but they are next to impossible to source :-)

CustomPC did an article on building barebones laptops in issue 35/AUG 06.

They eventually got tha parts, but they are very difficult to track down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Hence the short answer long answer was what you posted ;)

It really isn't worth the hassle overall for a laptop.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

It will never really take until manufacturers start building motherboards and parts to a set form factor. Like ATX for desktops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭matdabomb

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2005/05/04/building_your_dream_notebook/page2.html

Check that article out. It didnt read full article but could be a good start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Johnoros

Well Silverfox. Heres a good place to purchase barebones for building a PC. I purchased everything I needed from this site over a year ago. Its all there.
    www.komplett.ie

As for Laptops Komplett dont do it. Saying that they have one classy laptop for sale at a reasonable price. http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=333027&view=detailed. There out of stock at the moment. Thats me girlfriends fault.

Hope this info is of some help to you. Later

Advertisement