Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer Gardens in the city?

Options
  • 04-05-2007 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Apart from the Locke, where would you recommend for a beer garden in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Nothing really. Curraghower Barat Clancy's Strand maybe. Nice view to the river and the castle but not really a beer garden.
    Angler's Rest in Doonas is really nice but that's already outside of the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Nothing really. Curraghower Barat Clancy's Strand maybe. Nice view to the river and the castle but not really a beer garden.
    Angler's Rest in Doonas is really nice but that's already outside of the city.

How is it not a beergarden? I mean the patio place with the heaters etc, not just outside the bar. I suppose you could say the bit of the bank outside Clohessy's is slowly being turned into something like the Locke have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Love the beer garden at the curragower

Bobby Byrnes up on o connell street
    Harris's at riverpoint
    Sextons on Henry street
    Clohesseys on howleys quay
    Trinity rooms new bar
    Nancy Blakes denmark street

How is it not a beergarden?

A beer garden for me is not just a chair in front of a pub with a canopy and a gas patio heater.

A beer garden for me is sitting on a bench and sipping your pint in the shadow of big old trees. Germans know how to do a beer garden. Just do a google image search for "biergarten" and then you'll see what I mean. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Ok the curraghgower might have no trees but the view and the way its laid out make up for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Massively high standards there TC, not that that should be discouraged. Apparently Bowles down in Thomondgate have the nicest beer garedn in Limerick city, I've never been, but I reckon I'll check it pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Was in the Curragower beer garden on Tuesday evening. Lovely spot and the Guinness is excellent.

Massively high standards there TC
    indeed! :D:p
    Apparently Bowles down in Thomondgate have the nicest beer garedn in Limerick city

Will check if this meets my standards ;) Always open for new suggestions.

Advertisement