Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nurses Dispute, is it an election issue

Options
  • 04-05-2007 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

I notice that the nurses protests have placards stating that the Governments stance on the issue will cost them votes, but have the opposition(fine Gael) not stated that they will not give the nurses what they are demanding, so who are the nurses going to vote for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭arctictree

Also, will they keep striking during the election and after it???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

Does nobody else have an opinion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

They seem to be running around like headless chickens at this stage. Threats, emotional blackmail etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

No responsible government will give them what they want, it would be the end of partnership process in Ireland. Most people like the nurses, but I think on reflection that they can see why they can't be paid.
    (although, at least one Labour candidate has said that he would at least reduce their working week).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I agree, they will find it very difficult to get what they want. As well as this the longer it goes on the easier it will be for the HSE/government to maintain their position.

All it will take is a serious problem that can be attributed to the nurses action and their dispute will be seen in a different light.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭patsyh

I can't understand why so many of them have these placards, they must not watch the news or read the papers

Advertisement