Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error Trapping

Options
  • 04-05-2007 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭

Its a question for college so want to see if my answer is correct.Check on the internet and this is what i came up with. Is a better way to phrase it and I am looking for a simple example for a vba routine.

Q: Why are data validation and error trapping such an important part of VBA.

A:Makes the programs run smooth instead of crashing and giving a error code or behaving unpredictably, you can include macro code that intercepts the error and tells the macro how to handle it. The process of intercepting and handling a run-time error is called "error trapping."

It makes sure the correct information is entered before procedding onto the next funcition.Rules out human error and things like correct email(not missig @ or .com etc) or correct number of digits for a credit card number.
    The set of instructions that tells the application how to handle the error is called the "error-handling routine" or "error handler."

Advertisement