Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

QOTSA - era vulgaris

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Listening to a 'promo' copy of this now. Only about 3 songs in so ill get back in a while. Just letting you all know the promotional ones are around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Where did ya get this promo copy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I think you need to read between the lines when he says promo copy

^^Haha, touché!

I just listened to live versions. Battery Acid rules, as does Into the Hollow

Listened to it once through.

Initial impression is that it's very good. A large improvement on the last offering. Alot of cool songs but I still think the aggresion of Nick Oliveiri is being missed.

• Advertisement

I have listened through it a few times now. kinda funky but obscure riffs too. really cool though.

Ok I officially love it now.

Got that Era Vulgaris song...full version is brilliant. Does that represent what the whole album sounds like/goes by? That song is going to be a Bonus Track on the UK version...sweeeeeeet! EVAD, what do you consider the best song? I might have to go the p[romo copy way until I can afford the album

I suppose it kind of represents the album's sound. It's definitely a different sound to any of their other albums. There's no real full on rock songs like Go With the Flow, apart from Sick Sick Sick (still not that song's greatest fan, although I think it fits in quite well with the album).

It seems like there's a slower pace to this album than previous efforts. I'm really liking it.

I quite like Turning on the Screw & I'm Designer. Into the Hollow is quite cool, don't think much of Battery Acid. Although it's been around for years, I still love Make It Wit Chu, 3's & 7's is decent too.

To me, from the live version, Battery Acid is one of the best songs.

• Advertisement

I love Turning on the screw, into the hollow, Suture up your future, river in the road and I think Run pig run is a great outro track.

I dont dislike any of the songs at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Strangely enough I like "Make It Wit Chu" the best so far :) . Into The Hollow is great also. Run Pig Run is very like Lullabies to paralyse I feel.

Have to say I dont like Battery Acid. I'm Designer is very like something from Rated R, Which I also did not like :).

For reference my favourite songs by them would be I feel like a millionaire..., tangled up in plaid and probably Isolation by Kyuss because Kyuss are great :p

Now I wont compare anything really, cos I havent heard all the songs, gonna wait for the official release(:p), but from what I do know, "Make It With Chu" is gonna be the worst of it for me I think. Its on the live album and I just dont like it. Is best left as just a Desert Sessions song. Liking SSS, but Era Vulgaris is justa great song...simple as.

Got the album today within an hour of my exam starting. I like it. suture Up Tour Future will certainly require a lot of listening...not a big fan. Same as Make It Wit Chu. Overall, amybe a 7/10...songs sound better live though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Googe

This album is great, that is all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

2 listens now and not overly impressed

i'm hoping with another couple of listens it will grow on me but the signs dont look good. Either way, I can say for sure it's defintely not in the league of Rated R and Songs For The Deaf

Listened to it more and more, and I'm liking it more and more. Battery Acis is very good, so is Into The Hollow. 3's and 7's gets better by the listen. Gone up to 8/10, prob wont go any more cos of Make it Wit Chu and Suture Up Your Future

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

What a bloody great album. Q's review was way off.

Main songs I'm not liking by now are I'm Designer, Mainly the intro. Apart from that, theres some very good stuff on it. Really love River in the Road, thats a great song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Misfit Love is actually a cracking tune. Can't wait to see that played at a certain music festival (maybe)! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

It's good.. I like Sick, Sick, Sick and 3's & 7's.

However, the video for Sick, Sick, Sick made me feel well.. sick;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Q's review spot on, very poor.

They need Oliveri back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

I like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Not their best work so far but still good and an interesting sound.

Really liking I'm designer, River in the road and suture up your future.

Hate Make it wit chu, but i always have.

Every time i listen, I discover something new that I love about this album. Yes, not their best work, bot no, not their worst. Misfit Love is quickly growing on me, but dont want to always listen to it before next week. Few weak spots, but they might change over the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

the queens are my no1 band and i really like artic monkeys .heard josh will be working with them in studio.could be tasty

Aye, supposedly producing the next album. They know each other well enough, toured around Us together, Monkeys drummer raves a bit about them. Could be a good combo.

On another sidenote, wonder what exactly Josh meant by saying he'd be in the studio again by end of year...its prob Desert Sessions:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

yea i also heard about Josh and the Arctic's lets hope its a good one. I actually never bought Era Vulgaris since i heard alot of mixed reviews on it just downloaded a few like Make it With Chu , Sick Sick Sick , Misfit Love and 3's And 7's. Im really getting into Lullabies over the last few months personally i think its a great album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

It's a monster album. Misfit love what a tune.

• Advertisement
Advertisement