Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line unsuitable - but BB requirements satisfied ??

Options
  • 04-05-2007 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Eircom are telling me that my line is unsuitable for BB, but:

my Local Exchange is BB enabled,
    my next door neighbour who is further from the exchange than me has BB,
    and my line was intsalled 6 months ago(i.e. built a new house), so the copper should be of good quality

These are the basic requirements needed to get ADSL!!

Is it a case that a port(possibly assigned to my number) in the exchange is closed or something?

When I talk to Eircom, I can't get a clear answer, they just keep saying that it is not suitable!! What crap! Just give me an honest answer!!

Has anybody any ideas as to why this could be? Have other people experienced this?

Thansk in advance,
    CCF.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Unsuitable is an honest answer. Whats your dialup speed like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Do you have a skybox hooked up to the phoneline?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Moved IoffL > BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Or a monitored alarm system ? You should try talking to other companies then because if your line is as suitable as you make it sound they may give you different answers . So call BT ireland and Smart and other companies like that to see what they say , I found that bt was much more descriptive than eircom about my line which is considered "amber".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

you could possibly be on a carrier unit (split line). Eircom often do this especially in the case of one off houses .. it saves them having to lay new wire all the way from the exchange.. if you dig deep enough with them they should be able to tell you wheather the line is split or not..note a very slow dial up speed is indicitave of line being split...

• Advertisement
Advertisement