Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question on Van Wash & Also Loading Bays

Options
  • 04-05-2007 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

Q1: Is there any garages with pressure washers that allow you to easily get at the roof etc? (Southside preferably) Maybe with raised access?

Q2: Is it true that you can park in Loading Bays for up to one hour if you have commercial tax?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

A1: I know that down here a lot of places advertise a manual Van Wash for a couple of euros more than a car wash.

A2: It's dependent on the loading bay; some are only 30 minutes. Also, some loading bays become clearways after a certain time, so make sure you read the signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Fey! wrote:
    A2: It's dependent on the loading bay; some are only 30 minutes. Also, some loading bays become clearways after a certain time, so make sure you read the signs.
    Will they challenge me on not using the van for commercial use?

Thanks btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ballooba wrote:
    Will they challenge me on not using the van for commercial use?
    You are supposed to be "actively" loading or unloading. If you're going for your breakfast, leave the rear doors open. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

You are supposed to be "actively" loading or unloading. If you're going for your breakfast, leave the rear doors open. :)
    An acquaintance had an "incident" because of this a few years back. Hence the questions.

Google "Nicky Potterton Freelander Clamper".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Any luck with a van wash? My van needs a scrubbing too, I saw the "truck wash sign" approaching the red cow roundabout from the N7, went it but they were closed but it doesn't look the best.

What defines loading? If you park in a loading bay and want to go and pick up a box of cornflakes, you are, in theory, loading the van with cornflakes :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Hi, not sure if this will be any help because its on the Northside but i work in a car wash in ClareHall and we wash all sorts of vans and busses as long as they are booked in a day in advance. The cost is €20 but its a very good wash and that includes wax and tyre polish and the whole van is leather dry. it takes bout 35 min.

If they know you are parked in a loading bay but you are on personal business you can be fined.

Advertisement